+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Off to a good start.....not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

With Boris finally seeing how the NHS works first hand with financial cuts affecting the ability to deal properly with this "pandemic" who is actually running this shi-tfest?
    More Lefty FAKE NEWS, I cannot remember the last time the NHS budget was cut, it certainly hasn't been since 2010 when the Tories came to power. The last significant cut to the NHS that I can remember was when Labour closed A&E at Burnley General, of course not living in Burnley that wouldn't have caused you any concern, would it BT ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    More Lefty FAKE NEWS, I cannot remember the last time the NHS budget was cut, it certainly hasn't been since 2010 when the Tories came to power. The last significant cut to the NHS that I can remember was when Labour closed A&E at Burnley General, of course not living in Burnley that wouldn't have caused you any concern, would it BT ?
    FFS sinkov! We are 43000 nurses short of what we need. The Tory's are bringing NHS staff out of retirement. Why do we need to do that if the slash and burn paradigm had not been instigated?

Hopefully Boris will make a full recovery and reinvent and reinvest in our NHS. What is worrying at present Raab and Gove seem to be in charge. FFS! Can it get any worse?

FFS sinkov! We are 43000 nurses short of what we need. The Tory's are bringing NHS staff out of retirement. Why do we need to do that if the slash and burn paradigm had not been instigated?
    There's a debate to be had about funding the NHS BT, how much damage taking £55 billion out of the budget for PFI repayments causes, how to cope with the increased demand on NHS services by a population growth of up to half a million people a year, how much could be saved by a re-organistion of the inefficient top heavy bureaucracy, it would be interesting to debate why the NHS model, the envy of the world apparently, has not been adopted by any other country, it's also valid to ask how much more needs to be spent on the NHS, what can't be up for discussion is Tory cuts to the NHS budget because there haven't been any.

There IS an interesting debate to be had BT, but we can't have it because you just want to wibble on about fantasy Tory cuts that have never happened. It's a shame, I'm bemused as to why you prefer to focus entirely on fictitious criticisms when there are so many valid ones you could make.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There's a debate to be had about funding the NHS BT, how much damage taking £55 billion out of the budget for PFI repayments causes, how to cope with the increased demand on NHS services by a population growth of up to half a million people a year, how much could be saved by a re-organistion of the inefficient top heavy bureaucracy, it would be interesting to debate why the NHS model, the envy of the world apparently, has not been adopted by any other country, it's also valid to ask how much more needs to be spent on the NHS, what can't be up for discussion is Tory cuts to the NHS budget because there haven't been any.

There IS an interesting debate to be had BT, but we can't have it because you just want to wibble on about fantasy Tory cuts that have never happened. It's a shame, I'm bemused as to why you prefer to focus entirely on fictitious criticisms when there are so many valid ones you could make.
    I'm happy to debate the NHS funding issue sinkov and just Googled Tory NHS cuts to gather the evidence.

I know you don't appreciate the Guardian, but this article is pretty much consistent with other research and the figures I have recently quoted.

Incidentally, other countries cannot replicate our NHS model because Beveridge and Bevan gave us such a head start no-one else can possibly catch us up.

Brown and Blair IMHO mortgaged the ranch and left a legacy that austerity and hiving off the best bits of the NHS will not solve.

The evidence that we need the NHS fully functioning and properly funded is here right now. God only knows how Boris is going to fix this one?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...es-nhs-funding

I'm happy to debate the NHS funding issue sinkov and just Googled Tory NHS cuts to gather the evidence.

I know you don't appreciate the Guardian, but this article is pretty much consistent with other research and the figures I have recently quoted.

Incidentally, other countries cannot replicate our NHS model because Beveridge and Bevan gave us such a head start no-one else can possibly catch us up.

Brown and Blair IMHO mortgaged the ranch and left a legacy that austerity and hiving off the best bits of the NHS will not solve.

The evidence that we need the NHS fully functioning and properly funded is here right now. God only knows how Boris is going to fix this one?

There are many things that need to change to solve the NHS conundrum, we can all pay more tax ( like the Germans do ) run it properly and it will solve an awful lot.

However I have friends who work in our NHS system and we have a real immigration problem with bringing family members in for treatments when they don’t even live here , this along with other issues makes life very difficult for our health service.

This isn’t a racist issue before you jump up and start down that road , just simple facts from people who work at Burnley and Airedale hospitals about what is and has been happening for a few years now puts our system under immense pressure.

The people who work for our NHS are brilliant regardless , but we need to address a few problems without it becoming another race farce which is what it will become.

I've just read Polly's rant BT, but nowhere in it can I find any references to Tory cuts to the NHS budget. All credit to Polly for not trying to pull that particular Lefty stunt.

Perhaps, this is more in keeping with what I am failing to get across..?

https://amp.theguardian.com/commenti...P0K5oBpbsz-sKw

Perhaps, this is more in keeping with what I am failing to get across..?

https://amp.theguardian.com/commenti...P0K5oBpbsz-sKw
    Utter fecking drivel BT, BDS infects the medical profession as well, another hysterical lefty rant, I notice Dr Meyerson is either unaware of, or doesn't care about, the £55 billion millstone Labour has hung around the neck of the NHS, which has nothing to do with Boris. I wonder if the good doctor is a Labour Party activist by any chance , I wonder if the good doctor has any comments on how the NHS is currently spending the pittance Boris grants it, like this for instance,

"In the midst of the Coronavirus crisis, the Bristol and Weston Foundation Trust is hiring a new 'Diversity and Inclusion Manager'. The successful applicant will play a v-i-t-a-l role in 'developing and delivering a key programme of work to drive the Trust's ambition and vision of being committed to inclusion in everything we do'. Salary for the role starts at £44,606 to £50,819 a year. That's money that could cover the wages of two nurses."

Short of money my arse. How much more money is wasted in the NHS on non jobs like this ?

I have no idea if the good doctor reads the Guardian or not sinkov. Shooting the messenger has never worked, nor probably ever will.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)