+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Furlough

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I know everyone has different circumstances and lifestyles, but if I had been told by work to stay at home on 80% pay at this time of year when I was working I would have been doing bloody cartwheels! I miss not playing squash, but try and compensate with a bit of cycling and gardening. The only thing I am really missing is not being allowed to play with my 3 year old grandson. It's two weeks now since I last played dinosaurs, trains and monster trucks and it's starting to get to me.
    Some people have been asked to drop to 4 days a week so still have to work yet get 80% pay. This has happened at quite a few companies so having the time off for 80% pay isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I've been reading about the 5 Premier League clubs, Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Norwich, who have put non-playing staff on furlough and will be claiming 80% of their wages from the Government.

For Government read taxpayer. I for one am not happy to be subsidising the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham, last season's Champion's League finalists.
    As someone who can remember the collapse of ITV Digital back in 2002 leading to our record spell in administration, I wonder how the Premiership would cope if this drags on and their paymasters went bust? The situation would be the same but on a much bigger scale, in that they would be saddled with big money contracts but no way to honour them if Sky & Co suddenly stopped the cashflow.

It might just bring a degree of sanity back to the way football is funded.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    As someone who can remember the collapse of ITV Digital back in 2002 leading to our record spell in administration, I wonder how the Premiership would cope if this drags on and their paymasters went bust? The situation would be the same but on a much bigger scale, in that they would be saddled with big money contracts but no way to honour them if Sky & Co suddenly stopped the cashflow.

It might just bring a degree of sanity back to the way football is funded.
    I think it would put some of them without doubt in huge trouble it’s all built on sand and if the tv deal goes all the best players go as well it’s that simple.

The guy above says Liverpool turnover is £533m but that is misleading as the profit is £42m so somewhere they are spending lots of that turnover on agents, wages of all staff and doing the ground up etc.

If the premier league void the season it will cost them over one billion that’s a lot of money regardless of how rich you are plus tv companies could pay them less for breach of contract following season.

What this has taught us in the biggest crisis in my lifetime is that some rich people are selfish ar*eholes and don’t want to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    Anyone else on here been furloughed?

Mine starts tomorrow for 3 weeks, then possibly another 3 weeks depending on what the restrictions are at the time. 6 weeks off, I may well go mad.

I have a walk planned tomorrow in the morning and a bike ride in the afternoon, feel like a rebel.
    Why can people not understand what STAY AT HOME means?

As the chief constable of Devon & Cornwall Police said, 'If a £60 ticket makes you do something and 684 people dying yesterday didn't you've got to take a good look at yourself as to whether you've realised the seriousness and significance of where we are'

For the next 6 months the Aussie Gov is paying $1500 a fortnight to any employee who works for a business that has seen a drop in turnover since 1 March of more than 30%. The mrs and I are employed by mine and the drop is much bigger than that so we are getting $3000 a fortnight for the next 6 months ( 1500 quid) at home doing nothing popping into work for a few hours here and there to keep things ticking over ( isolated). The only downside is I cant go on bloody holiday. Cant say I am disappointed about that.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Why can people not understand what STAY AT HOME means?

As the chief constable of Devon & Cornwall Police said, 'If a £60 ticket makes you do something and 684 people dying yesterday didn't you've got to take a good look at yourself as to whether you've realised the seriousness and significance of where we are'
    Yeah, stay at home but you're also allowed to leave your house. Such a clear message there.

From the BBC:
    You are permitted to leave your house, this includes:

Exercise - alone, or with members of your household
    Shopping for basic necessities
    Any medical need, or providing care for a vulnerable person
    Travel to or from work, but only when you cannot work from home

Yeah, stay at home but you're also allowed to leave your house. Such a clear message there.

From the BBC:
    You are permitted to leave your house, this includes:

Exercise - alone, or with members of your household
    Shopping for basic necessities
    Any medical need, or providing care for a vulnerable person
    Travel to or from work, but only when you cannot work from home
    'One form of exercise a day' seems pretty clear to me. From HM Govt.

I do think though that they should have made it clear, e.g. 1 hour per day.

No, again not correct. So how is it pretty clear?

"People should only exercise once a day, although in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland there is no legal ban on exercising more than that. No mention is given to how long you can exercise for."

If people end up getting fined for having an extra run or bike ride a day, I hope there’s a few members of the government up before the beak for the piss poor preparations that have been put in, especially in relation to NHS staff.

What’s good for the goose etc.

No, again not correct. So how is it pretty clear?

"People should only exercise once a day, although in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland there is no legal ban on exercising more than that. No mention is given to how long you can exercise for."
    You know full well what the Govt guidance is.

'One form of exercise a day'.

While NHS frontline workers are dying, we have a responsibility to follow the guidance. The Govt will be paying 80% of salaries - that's their part, but you think it's being a 'rebel' to ignore it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast