+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Furlough

If all you can moan about is someone walking their dog for 30 mins and then going on a 1hr bike ride you really do need to have a word with yourself. My social distancing tomorrow will be adhered to at far more than 2m.

Name:  FB_IMG_1586098951140.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  48.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    If all you can moan about is someone walking their dog for 30 mins and then going on a 1hr bike ride you really do need to have a word with yourself. My social distancing tomorrow will be adhered to at far more than 2m.

Fair enough, you don't feel any responsibility to follow the rules, just a 'I will do what I want'.

Such a simple message, STAY AT HOME!

No point in discussing any more.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Fair enough, you don't feel any responsibility to follow the rules, just a 'I will do what I want'.

Such a simple message, STAY AT HOME!

No point in discussing any more.
    Guidelines, not rules. You need to learn to difference.

Common sense always prevails though so it is probably best for you to stay at home*

* Patronising capitalisation not applied.

Name:  FB_IMG_1586122807572.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  91.2 KB

Plenty of this happening around Nottingham throughout the day in various parts of the city.

And footballers. Don’t forget to get em mad at footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    And footballers. Don’t forget to get em mad at footballers.
    Over £1 billion in tax collected from premier league plyers per annum. There should be a fair few ahead of them if the pitchforks come out to cough up for the Covid19 fund.

Over £1 billion in tax collected from premier league plyers per annum. There should be a fair few ahead of them if the pitchforks come out to cough up for the Covid19 fund.
    It’s only the footballers because their clubs and their union is doing nothing to prevent it.

Someone compared it to airlines etc. Well the comparison only works if airlines have furloughed all their lowly paid staff and still pay all their “non working” highly paid people their full salaries.

The difference being with airlines, if people are not furloughed, they are likely still working.

Being highly (and fully) paid, and not working when lower paid are furloughed is morally wrong on every count. I don’t give a toss who they are, it’s their clubs/owners who should be doing something though, not the players.

Trouble is in football they are too scared to do so.

PL footballers will still be working to a programme given to them by their clubs and no doubt they are being checked on a daily basis.

PFA statement was a joke to be honest and im sure quite a few players wouldnt have liked it as it makes them look mean/tight not all of them are like that.

I just hope after all this it humbles people in all walks of life if people need help and you can provide help through knowledge, getting hands on or financially then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I for one am not happy to be subsidising the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham, last season's Champion's League finalists.
    Good to see that both of these clubs have now done a u-turn and decided not to furlough staff.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Good to see that both of these clubs have now done a u-turn and decided not to furlough staff.
    Agreed, shame they went for it in the first place but you cannot knock them for recognising a mistake has been made and rectifying it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast