+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haw Frank...

Haw Frank...

I know that just like me you like a drop of bourbon every now and again and I've noticed that Sainsburys have Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire knocked down to £16 so I'm thinking of trying it,have you had it yet,I tried the Jacks Honey not long back and I wasn't to keen on it as it was far too sweet for my liking so I thought that I would ask you before I bought it and what about Gentleman Jack,is that worth the extra money?

I have had a bottle from Tesco, I had the price checked at the checkout, you will be surprised how often you get charged the full price. That's the whisky. I don't know what Tennessee fire is. I had my first taste of the honey in Los Angeles some years ago, and it always reminds me.

I have it in case I run low on other booze. Dark rum is nice, and vodka, honey is ok, but not too much. Ive started drinking cans of Murphys stout, Mackeson is still for sale, I will try that again. I used to get Mackeson on a sunday with sunday dinner as a child, and put sugar in it.

Those pubs in the sixties were amazing, clouds of smoke, most blokes drunk, and throwing up in the car park, so they could drink more. We will not see the like again. My cousins father, an Irishman, got banned from every Cambridge pub but two, for fighting. He was a bad un. Drunk and violent. Funny thing was, we liked each other. He was always respectful when I was about. Life is funny.

Tennessee Fire has a cinnamon taste to it but I'm not sure why it's called "Fire" and that is the bit that worries me,I shall get a bottle later and put it in the cupboard ready for a night when I'm feeling sorry for myself and lager just won't do the trick,bourbon is the only drink that gets me drunk and suffer a hangover the next day so it's more of a threat because of the consequences the next day,looking online there's an Apple Jack Daniels as well but I've yet to see it in store,why did you put sugar in the stout,was it too strong for you but then again these was the days when sugar sandwiches was normal,parents who be up in court if it happened today
    I also knew somebody who would make themselves sick so that they could drink more back in the 80's,madness when you think about it,I wouldn't like to go back to the pubs of past if I'm honest,my clothes would always stink of smoke when I went home and the ale was generally crap and warm,lager was cooled but only women drank it and only in halves,if you wanted something to eat the best that you could hope for was a bag of crisps or nuts and drink driving was normal
    Last edited by cocopops61; 06-04-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Get yersel's some Laphroiag down yer.

Quote Originally Posted by funny_flopbags View Post
    I've never tried it but it looks expensive

Usually about £27 a bottle chalks, but quite regularly various supermarkets do it on offer for £20.

It smells rank and doesn't taste much better but once you get used it it's geet lovely.

Usually about £27 a bottle chalks, but quite regularly various supermarkets do it on offer for £20.

It smells rank and doesn't taste much better but once you get used it it's geet lovely.
    I hope that you don't work in sales floppy as you're not really seloing it to me

I bet you hated the taste of beer when you had your first one as a kid Chalks, I certainly did.

It's like that.

I put sugar in because it was too bitter. I like bitter now. Parsnips were poison, now they are wonderful, funny how tastes change. Those old pub games have gone, crib, darts, cards and dominoes. And those beer deliveries, rolling beer crates into a cellar. I will give laphroag a go and tennessee fire.

I don't like whisky tbf, tbh but I am partial to a drop off of Laphroaig. Smokey, peaty heaven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)