+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Recommended reading

Recommended reading

Nigel Clibbens’ report on the finances at the Club in the absence of football. It takes some digesting! However, the financial link to EWM may be extremely important going forward, but how will their finances be affected during the shutdown. They are hopefully a large enough group to survive, but nothing’s guaranteed.

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/new...main-cautious/

So, what does anyone else think?

What strikes me is the incredible sums we pay players, at our level. I am led to believe about 60 70k is average. How can any club survive that.

The other problem is Paul Lewis. We signed him from Macc, fee not disclosed on a 3 year contract. He has cost us a HUGE amount of money. For what? I have more talent than him. I remember him passing to the opposition in his own penalty area, the bloke scored, and couldn't believe it. Neither could I.

There are a number of players at Cambridge who earn a fortune, but in reality arnt worth ten grand a year. And its crisis after crisis, while the quality on the pitch is dire. Its like going into a posh restaurant and being served bread and butter, and paying 300 quid, and pretending the meal was outstanding.

The only answer is part time, that's all its worth. Championship up should be full time. Watching southern league football in the sixties, the quality was far higher than div 4 now. Far higher. And players actually ran for 90 minutes. Todays players not only lack talent, but don't put the effort in.

Watching united means I leave the house at oneish, get back about 7ish, or later if I go boozing. That's giving up half a day. Very expensive in time. To watch crap, and capitulation. Not worth it.

Blackbeard the pirate.

Do you own a parrot Blackbeard?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)