+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnson in Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yes please! Why hand it over to Andy? It’s you and Tricky who seem hell bent on describing the BBC as being ‘anti Government’, as opposed to being critical of Government, or as having an ‘agenda’.
    The silence has since been deafening...money where your mouth is time.
    We could argue about this all day. Personally, I believe you refuse to see any wrong doing with the BBC on anything.
    I can call up quote after quote of the Conservatives, MP's and analyists criticising the BBC and its doom and gloom with the Tories.
    They did it with Brexit and the last election.
    It didn't work though.
    Folks have got wise to it and see through the lies now. Pretty much in the way I give you some stick over the Guardian(ok probably a bit too much, sorry).
    However the BBC is famous for using the Guardian in its reports and topics to cover, but having people like Owen Jones peddling his garbage is not what I call news.
    So lets look at the bigger picture. Is the BBC biased?
    It claims impartiality? No way in hell is it.

Watch these two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muwnIKn-22o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSy8bWuuWQU

Just listen and think back to how the BBC handled it.

Anyone threatening to cut their money though, will always get the wrath of the big wigs in the BBC.

NB, How can you trust any corporation, with the history this lot has, on protecting ***ual perverts and harrassment like Cliff Richard?
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 13-04-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Yes please! Why hand it over to Andy? It’s you and Tricky who seem hell bent on describing the BBC as being ‘anti Government’, as opposed to being critical of Government, or as having an ‘agenda’.
    To be clear to all on my issue with the BBC, it wasn't/isn't an anti-govt bias. On Brexit, I do think their news team, led by some of their presenters but also their editorial staff, allowed their guard to slip too often and show their (anti-Brexit) leanings, but my issue is more that the Corporation have started to drive issues on many fronts rather than report and reflect on them. I'm not going to list them because its not constructive to do so. I did have a short discussion with RA on this and whilst we didn't agree we didn't do any point scoring either

One thing I did notice on two occasions during the weekend's Coronavirus coverage was interviewees being 'closed down' by the newscaster because they gave an answer that didn't follow what looked like a predetermined line (both on PPE issues)

I refer my learned friend to six little letters:

A T, an E, a B, an X, and R and an I.

From a 6 letter word from those letters. Now I need to be precise here in order to avoid falling inot my own trap of Aristotlean logic, but:

1) Clearly the BBC collectively were pro remain, and so came over as that - rather than neutral, as would have been more appropriate for a national state funded service;
    2) The government were pro Brexit (officially although not unanimously);
    3) Ergo the BBC were anti government

In my view the BBC blotted its own copybook over this one. It should have maintained neutrality, whilst being critical of the pros and cons. I dont think it did, and needs taking to task for this.

As to the funding issue, it doesnt matter what the BBC stance is on any matters, there is no reason why one TV broadcaster should benefit from a big subsidy when others have to stand on their own, and when people who maybe never watch the BBC (the millennium generation in particular) still ahve to fork out 150 quid a year for it.

So...because you believe the BBC wasn’t ‘neutral’ over Brexit - I disagree - you state the BBC is ‘anti government’. Wow! That’s it is it?

Leaving it to Andy, as you suggested, wouldn’t have helped either...he may be critical of the BBC but, in his own words, he isn’t accusing it of ‘anti-govt bias’.

So over to Tricky - aka Mr. YouTube - then. Oh...he doesn’t like Owen Jones...believes (I think) Cliff Richard is some sort of ‘pervert’ (you should probably be careful there, I’m not a fan but apparently he was found not guilty)...and thinks it overuses the Guardian as a reporting source.

Conclusive then.

P.S. Tricky, I take it you have no objection to being described as ‘anti police’? You have after all used this forum several times in recent days to criticise them.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 13-04-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Couple of additional questions for the ‘Thought Police’.
    Is it okay to criticise/question the wisdom of Michael Gove going out jogging while allegedly in self isolation, and is it unreasonable to query the fact that his daughter just happens to have received a test for Covid-19 when they seem to be in such short supply? Or would it be the same for everyone and just another case of me being ‘anti-government’?

Couple of additional questions for the ‘Thought Police’.
    Is it okay to criticise/question the wisdom of Michael Gove going out jogging while allegedly in self isolation, and is it unreasonable to query the fact that his daughter just happens to have received a test for Covid-19 when they seem to be in such short supply? Or would it be the same for everyone and just another case of me being ‘anti-government’?
    If he is self isolated because he believes he's got it I would agree that he shouldn't be on the streets, but no doubt he too has had a test and doesn't have it. If he is therefore self isolating in the way you and I are, then no reason why he shouldn't exercise the same way as you or I. As regards your second question, it probably depends on the answer to the first. I question the selection criteria for who gets the scarce resource, but I suppose its the value of being "relatively important" to the country in enough people's opinions.

Have you ever been on that series "grumpy old men"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    If he is self isolated because he believes he's got it I would agree that he shouldn't be on the streets, but no doubt he too has had a test and doesn't have it. If he is therefore self isolating in the way you and I are, then no reason why he shouldn't exercise the same way as you or I. As regards your second question, it probably depends on the answer to the first. I question the selection criteria for who gets the scarce resource, but I suppose its the value of being "relatively important" to the country in enough people's opinions.

I beg differ here, prob agreeing with poker player Ra who had t declared a position. Even if gove jumped the queue and had a test, he should have acted as if he hadn’t to set an example to the proles. His daughter should t have got a test unless she’s NHS, she’s just a nobody. By the by, my friends son acts as the most junior junior in one of the govt departments, is currently working from home in Lincolnshire, and was offered a test by his senior...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

‘Kinell...talk about pot, kettle and black. Have you heard yourself for the last ten days?

I imagine every cabinet member and anyone self isolating with them has been tested, after several cabinet ministers went down with it. I assumed in my initial response that his daughter was self isolating with him, but if not, no she should be treated no differently to you or I.

‘Kinell...talk about pot, kettle and black. Have you heard yourself for the last ten days?
    I am completely aware of the irony!

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)