+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnson in Hospital

Sorry GP, I got a bit over discriptive.
    But it riles me, how so called professional/pillars of the community get away with it.
    I'll say again, there is an element in Labour, fuelled by the last regime that has produced some seriously deranged individuals and allowed them to flourish.
    Lets hope the good people of Heanor give this woman a wide berth.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Whereas BJ is not on the front line? Surely someone making all these crap decisions and lying to the public has to be fairly front line in the defence? Maybe not goalkeeper but at least centre back
    As I say...I wish him well in his recovery and I deplore the comments of the likes that Andy and Tricky have drawn attention to...but ‘frontline’ to me means those who are actively trying to save lives, often without the protection they should be entitled to, and all those who are meeting the needs of the public - be they shop workers, teachers, care workers, the police, cleaners etc - with a similar lack of protection.

This isn’t a question of Party politics either Tricky. Of course Labour has some very questionable supporters amongst its ranks but let’s not pretend there aren’t just as many ‘deranged’ individuals in other parties too. Not a time for ‘point scoring’ imo.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 07-04-2020 at 11:23 AM.

"actively trying to save lives, often without the protection they should be entitled to, and all those who are meeting the needs of the public"

I understand what you are saying but surely the lead decision maker who you blame for every potential erroneous policy and procurement issue, must be "actively trying....", if he is indeed making those decisions etc! On the other hand if he is merely reflecting experts advice, then I agree, he is like Alexa, just acting as a vocal interface, and he is not front line. You cant have it both ways

I would imagine, although obviously have no way of knowing, that he contracted COVID doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    As I say...I wish him well in his recovery and I deplore the comments of the likes that Andy and Tricky have drawn attention to...but ‘frontline’ to me means those who are actively trying to save lives, often without the protection they should be entitled to, and all those who are meeting the needs of the public - be they shop workers, teachers, care workers, the police, cleaners etc - with a similar lack of protection.

This isn’t a question of Party politics either Tricky. Of course Labour has some very questionable supporters amongst its ranks but let’s not pretend there aren’t just as many ‘deranged’ individuals in other parties too. Not a time for ‘point scoring’ imo.
    I would agree with you RA, unfortunately you're talking to the wrong man.
    My voice has little carry. Labour has been accused many times of cheap point scoring in the current situation.
    I was very pleased to hear Starmer say, he wanted to work with the government, whilst we deal with this.
    Many in his party don't feel that way. Same with the SNP. Nothing to do with the emergency, just trying to further their status by being snidey from the side lines.

It's a good job politicians weren't so much of a Judas in 1939

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    "actively trying to save lives, often without the protection they should be entitled to, and all those who are meeting the needs of the public"

I understand what you are saying but surely the lead decision maker who you blame for every potential erroneous policy and procurement issue, must be "actively trying....", if he is indeed making those decisions etc! On the other hand if he is merely reflecting experts advice, then I agree, he is like Alexa, just acting as a vocal interface, and he is not front line. You cant have it both ways

I would imagine, although obviously have no way of knowing, that he contracted COVID doing his job.
    Possibly, possibly not...maybe he contracted Covid-19 by ignoring his own hand shaking advice three or more weeks ago. I guess we’ll never know and it all just illustrates the extent to which this virus is totally indiscriminate. This argument isn’t about the extent to which he is a mere ‘vocal interface’ though. In my opinion he is no more in the ‘frontline’ than his hero Churchill was during WWII.

Tricky, you’re the person who has dragged party politics into this debate. I agree with your sentiments about the stupid woman from Heanor but you then jumped to ‘deranged’ members of the Labour Party. No need for it.

As for ‘good job politicians weren’t so much of a Judas in 1939’...take the rose coloured specs off...have you forgotten Oswald Mosley?

"As for ‘good job politicians weren’t so much of a Judas in 1939’...take the rose coloured specs off...have you forgotten Oswald Mosley?"

not forgetting Viscount Halifax, Mohandas Gandhi, Henry Ford and sundry other peace, pacifist, isolationist etc groups

Harsh, GP...and a little unfair. I’m not the only one on here who queried the authenticity of his, Hancock and Cummings’ illnesses. Seem to remember you starting the conspiracy theories over Prince Charles.

To be completely truthful I care a great deal more about many other people. Obviously first amongst those are my friends and loved ones but I’d go so far as to include a number on here who I know to be decent people who also have underlying health issues to deal with.

I’ve never understood the political way of calling opponents every name under the sun until they suffer some misfortune at which point they suddenly become paragons of virtue.

At a human level I wish him a full recovery, but to be brutally honest I’m much more moved by those on the ‘frontline’ who have lost their lives, possibly as a result of inadequate government response. If that sounds harsh, so be it...at least it’s honest.
    First let me say I hope he pulls through. As rA says, my money is on him having got it when he visited the hospital which had Corona patients and shook hands with all and sundry, boasted about it the next day and said he'd do the same again....... all against the advice at the time. He was very silly doing that.

Possibly, possibly not...maybe he contracted Covid-19 by ignoring his own hand shaking advice three or more weeks ago. I guess we’ll never know and it all just illustrates the extent to which this virus is totally indiscriminate. This argument isn’t about the extent to which he is a mere ‘vocal interface’ though. In my opinion he is no more in the ‘frontline’ than his hero Churchill was during WWII.

Tricky, you’re the person who has dragged party politics into this debate. I agree with your sentiments about the stupid woman from Heanor but you then jumped to ‘deranged’ members of the Labour Party. No need for it.

As for ‘good job politicians weren’t so much of a Judas in 1939’...take the rose coloured specs off...have you forgotten Oswald Mosley?
    You can pull individuals out your pocket when it suits. Parliament worked together as one during WW2 . It was a national crisis and needed to be so.
    The few odd balls then, is nothing to the "what's in it for me," policies of some today?
    There are plenty circling like sharks, looking for the chance to take a nip in order to gain a morsel.
    You said yourself, now is not the time.
    Wasting your breath on me, when Labour and the SNP are doing that very thing.

Well I applaud Amber Valley Labour group for that.
    Well deserved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...gPVuPeDrziaxA4

Indeed, thank you Amber Valley Labour Group, withdrawing whip and launching an investigation: but I'm not sure how much there is to investigate!

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)