+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnson in Hospital

Or buses, trains, giving friends lifts, and indeed lifts in buildings, revolving doors. I can't see that working at all

Further to the last six or seven posts...just heard from friends in north west Italy that their lockdown may be ending next Tuesday. They’re both teachers (shock) and have been advised that their school may also be re-opening next week.

Astonishing if true. Mixed feelings for me. Love it to be true in so many ways...absolutely hate it to be a ‘false dawn’.

P.S. GP might be right. Tentative talk of UK schools going back after May Day or Whit. Same feelings as above for me.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 08-04-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Zarah Sultana MP @zarahsultana

Black and Asian people are being disproportionately hit by Coronovirus, refelecting wider economic and social inequalities.

The fight against racial injustice, must be at the heart of our response to this virus.

did this plank just call a virus a racist?

classic.

I despair: still COVID obviously didn't like the Chinese at first, so maybe she has a point. I wonder if anyone has collated deaths in UK by ethnicity?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I despair: still COVID obviously didn't like the Chinese at first, so maybe she has a point. I wonder if anyone has collated deaths in UK by ethnicity?
    It is funny though GP.
    I don't think she meant it to come out like that, but fooook me, they don't themselves any favours do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Zarah Sultana MP @zarahsultana

Black and Asian people are being disproportionately hit by Coronovirus, refelecting wider economic and social inequalities.

The fight against racial injustice, must be at the heart of our response to this virus.

did this plank just call a virus a racist?

classic.
    Never heard of Zarah Sultana before, but from what you’ve written - and nothing else - she seems to be saying that people from poorer backgrounds are being disproportionately ‘hit by Coronavirus’.

I don’t know if that’s true or not. Seems worthy of an MP’s investigation, so no...she’s obviously not saying the ‘virus is racist’...she’s arguing that black and Asian people are being disproportionately ‘hit by the virus’ because they are ‘disproportionately’ (again) amongst the poorest in society.

So...not certain what she’s saying, but it’s pretty clear what your intentions are.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 08-04-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Never heard of Zarah Sultana before, but from what you’ve written - and nothing else - she seems to be saying that people from poorer backgrounds are being disproportionately ‘hit by Coronavirus’.

I don’t know if that’s true or not. Seems worthy of an MP’s investigation, so no...she’s obviously not saying the ‘virus is racist’...she’s arguing that black and Asian people are being disproportionately ‘hit by the virus’ because they are ‘disproportionately’ (again) amongst the poorest in society.
    Oh give it a rest RA.
    That is a typical response I'd expect Lammy or Abbott to give.

Funny thing is, if you read the papers or watch tv. The richer you are, The more at risk you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well thanks, MA...that’s cheered me up no end.

Seriously though...no reason to suspect you or Premier Rutte are exaggerating and to add two more to your list...what will long term adherence to the 1.5 - 2 metre rules mean to schools and to air travel?

Basically classrooms would need to be at least twice as big...or there will need to be twice as many, and air travel is likely to become prohibitively expensive because planes will only be able to carry about a third of current capacity.

Better find that vaccine...or master time travel!
    What about that 5 seater car you think you have........... down to a 2 seater?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Oh give it a rest RA.
    That is a typical response I'd expect Lammy or Abbott to give.

Funny thing is, if you read the papers or watch tv. The richer you are, The more at risk you are.
    I’m not getting involved in a slanging match with you, Tricky...but I suggest you follow your own advice and ‘give it a rest’.

Throughout this crisis you’ve been looking to make political capital. You’ve rambled on about Corbyn, despite saying you don’t want to talk about him anymore, you’ve used every opportunity to bring up Diane Abbott, and now you’re seeking to find a replacement hate object in the form of Zarah Sultana, who you’ve called a ‘plank’ and suggested, quite incorrectly, that she’s referred to the virus as ‘a racist’.

I’ve no idea of who is most at risk. I’m unqualified to answer that question as, I’m certain, are you. Generally speaking it is the poor who suffer the most at times of epidemic and pandemic and there is a correlation between ethnic background and poverty which is all she seems to be suggesting.

What I can’t help noticing is that the three politicians you have selected for ridicule are Sultana, Abbott and Lammy. What could they possibly have in common that so offends you?

They are all labour mp's?

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)