+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnson in Hospital

Johnson in Hospital

Rather worrying news. Whatever my personal views on the guy, I hope he recovers.

If it doesn't bring it home to the tossers who think that social distancing etc doesn't apply to them then God help us all!!
    Get well Boris and all that are suffering from this evil blight.

.... and now he's in Intensive Care. As others have said, political preference is irrelevant in this, I wish Boris a full recovery, as do I all in hospital with this (and other) ailments. Complication for Boris is his fiancee is pregnant and, apparently, also has the virus. I wish her well and hope that the baby is fine.

Just waiting for rA to claim he is lying in order to get public sympathy and enforce the lockdown, while sitting in his flat in number 11 eating caviar and lobster washed down with Bollinger.

Get well soon

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Just waiting for rA to claim he is lying in order to get public sympathy and enforce the lockdown, while sitting in his flat in number 11 eating caviar and lobster washed down with Bollinger.

Get well soon
    RA is pondering how to spin reference to Reece Mogg and Cummings into his post.

Seriously though, I have seen some vile comments regarding Boris' health on social media, one from someone I have had regular business dealings with but will do so no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Get well soon
    Harsh, GP...and a little unfair. I’m not the only one on here who queried the authenticity of his, Hancock and Cummings’ illnesses. Seem to remember you starting the conspiracy theories over Prince Charles.

To be completely truthful I care a great deal more about many other people. Obviously first amongst those are my friends and loved ones but I’d go so far as to include a number on here who I know to be decent people who also have underlying health issues to deal with.

I’ve never understood the political way of calling opponents every name under the sun until they suffer some misfortune at which point they suddenly become paragons of virtue.

At a human level I wish him a full recovery, but to be brutally honest I’m much more moved by those on the ‘frontline’ who have lost their lives, possibly as a result of inadequate government response. If that sounds harsh, so be it...at least it’s honest.

Whereas BJ is not on the front line? Surely someone making all these crap decisions and lying to the public has to be fairly front line in the defence? Maybe not goalkeeper but at least centre back

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    RA is pondering how to spin reference to Reece Mogg and Cummings into his post.

Seriously though, I have seen some vile comments regarding Boris' health on social media, one from someone I have had regular business dealings with but will do so no more.
    Me too.
    Big shout out to Sheila Oakes, the Heanor solicitor and parish councillor who on twitter syas BJ completely deserves this as the worst PM we have ever had.
    Of course the fat lefty cow, isn't biased in her opinion and it is so comforting to have such an outstanding member of the professional community with views like this.

https://vhsfletchers.co.uk/people/sheila-oakes/

I'm not sure that her build, her politics or her bovine qualities are strictly relevant Tricky, but her views are still odious.

There's another to strike off the "do business with" list

Said woman is prone to hyperbole though. When mayor of Heanor she learned that suffragette Emmeline Pankhurst visited the town in March 1910.

A plaque was quickly installed and in her speech she said:

"In putting up this plaque people will see that Heanor does have vibrant and exciting past with its involvement in national political social movement and we should be proud of our town.”

Hmm, OK, a political figure visited the place over 100 years ago. Yep... I shall use litotes.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)