+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: People with bookshelves.

We have at least one bookcase in every room, except the toilet I may add! This is my wife's doing as I'm not a great reader myself. I do possess some books, mainly on the Albion and cricket plus a few other odd subjects. We also have loft full, again mostly my wife's.

At the moment i am reading the Century Trilogy by Ken Follett. Fall of Giant's, Winter of the World, Edge of Eternity. I read them last year but are so good i am reading them again. I also have his Kingsbridge Trilogy which are equally as good.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    At the moment i am reading the Century Trilogy by Ken Follett. Fall of Giant's, Winter of the World, Edge of Eternity. I read them last year but are so good i am reading them again. I also have his Kingsbridge Trilogy which are equally as good.
    I have read The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. I have A Column of Fire here. Two fictions I would recommend are The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell. A totally brilliant book about the class struggle. It was written pre First World War and the Russian Revolution and is interesting in that context. Another outstanding book is the short The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It is about a father and son wandering through a ravaged post nuclear war landscape. Harrowing.

I will certainly read both books again.
    Last edited by Q165; 08-04-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Lots of book shelves in our house, filled with books (I don’t understand people who fill them with other stuff, vases, photos etc &#129320. We (esp the mrs) read a lot, and both me and the mrs (yet again esp the mrs) probably studied too much and too long at university, so quite a few books from back then too. Imo, I think book shelves filled with books look nice too.

You’re a boring lot.

Burn the books and the f king bookshelves and get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You’re a boring lot.

Burn the books and the f king bookshelves and get a life!
    Mick. You should get all of them old Jazz mags out from under the bed and buy yourself a bookshelf too! 😀👍 How you coping in lockdown fella?

Mick you should have said we ought to get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    I have read The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. I have A Column of Fire here. Two fictions I would recommend are The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell. A totally brilliant book about the class struggle. It was written pre First World War and the Russian Revolution and is interesting in that context. Another outstanding book is the short The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It is about a father and son wandering through a ravaged post nuclear war landscape. Harrowing.

I will certainly read both books again.
    Loved the Kingsbridge trilogy.

I recommend

Time and Time Again - Ben Elton.

The Humans - Matt Haig

In 2005 Peter May (read a few) wrote a book entitled Lockdown about a global pandemic. It was rejected by the publishers as being too unrealistic.

It's available now on Amazon. Just bought it.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 10-04-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)