+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eleven of us got together last night

Eleven of us got together last night

For our monthly Book Club meeting over Zoom. Worked really well.

Until last week I thought Zoom was a record by The Commodores

Fat Larry's Band wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Fat Larry's Band wasn't it?
    That's solved a mystery for me. My mate who is a music expert said it was The Commodores I thought it wasn't. Google it and up came Commodores. Different version Fat Larry's was the one I had in mind. I can sleep nights now.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    That's solved a mystery for me. My mate who is a music expert said it was The Commodores I thought it wasn't. Google it and up came Commodores. Different version Fat Larry's was the one I had in mind. I can sleep nights now.
    Fat Larry has been pushing up the daisies for a long time now.

Died aged just 38 back in 1987.

Not surprising really,he was sweating like a scout master on a rape charge back in 83 when the video was filmed for “Zoom” due to being so fat.

https://images.app.goo.gl/NPadSqrJTLWsFKSs7

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    For our monthly Book Club meeting over Zoom. Worked really well.

Until last week I thought Zoom was a record by The Commodores
    Recommended books / discussed?
    I’m currently reading Auschwitz non-fiction books. (Following a chilling visit there last year) Present book is The Volunteer. About a Polish guy who deliberately got himself interned there, intending to set up some form of underground resistance and report back to the allies. Another frightening historical report of Nazi/SS terror.

I read a lot online, but haven't pick up a book in over 15 years.
    My wife had a nervous breakdown and severe panic attacks and wouldn't go out even in the garden. So i took 4 months of work to help her recover, it was bit like this lockdown .Once a week i would go to the library, after doing a weeks shop, get 5 books for the week and read the lot. It was in the summer and my wife panicked if she was alone, so the only time i went in the garden was if she dropped off to sleep . The books help me from going mad ,not because i was looking after my wife it was just being cooked up. i read everything maths,politics,ww2 and loads of biography's.
    This locked down is easier, because my wife is in good health but i am missing seeing the family and all the children, we normally see them most days. Though it's stressing me out worrying about other people.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)