+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picture of the first house you lived in

No photo's of our old house in Smethwick, they knocked it down and built this Doctors surgery. https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...cial-measures/
    Our house in Dawes Avenue was like this one,3 bed mid terrace with entry and front door, with a big garden around 150ft long.
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-pr...ountry=england
    Last edited by soulman101; 07-04-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    No photo's of our old house in Smethwick, they knocked it down and built this Doctors surgery. https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...cial-measures/
    Our house in Dawes Avenue was like this one,3 bed mid terrace with entry and front door, with a big garden around 150ft long.
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-pr...ountry=england
    So you moved from Smethwick to the Littleton Hall Estate aswell then ?

Leasowe road flats Tipton long gone

Scoop our house on the Birmingham New Road had an outside toilet with no electricity. We had to take a candle in. It was part of a block comprising a outhouse and coal house. I never had the luxury of an inside loo until 1970 but the next house had two indoor, one up one down.
    The first house also had an open fire in every room. It wasn't until i was ten in 1965 that we changed to gas.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    So you moved from Smethwick to the Littleton Hall Estate aswell then ?
    Every one on our estate was from Smethwick. We went to Corbert st school for 6months ,then the old Lyng and we we the ist to go to the new Lyng. Lovely design,still looks good now, the main hall after the Victorian school. WE then went like most of our estate to Sponlane.
    Where you from Scoop ?

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Every one on our estate was from Smethwick. We went to Corbert st school for 6months ,then the old Lyng and we we the ist to go to the new Lyng. Lovely design,still looks good now, the main hall after the Victorian school. WE then went like most of our estate to Sponlane.
    Where you from Scoop ?
    Exactly the same I went to the"original" Lyng school Followed by the Tech - From Kelvin Way

My early homes have all long gone, but last year I did find an old picture of the house my grandmother was born in, and grew up in. She would have been 9 when this picture was taken (1905) in 25 Court, Tower Street, Brum -- one of the notorious back-to-back "Courts of Birmingham". It's the house one nearer to the camera than the one with the lady standing in the doorway, the first 2-storey one. My great grandparents and 9 children lived in that house! The courtyard contained the single shared privy and the shared washhouse (for clothes, not people).

Name:  088 - Tower Street pic4 1905.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  84.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    Exactly the same I went to the"original" Lyng school Followed by the Tech - From Kelvin Way
    Hi Scoop, i must of a have seen you about, my surname is Munroe and have a twin called Neil. We lived and my brother still lives there by the gulley.

Name:  Tony outside 88 Sandwell Rd.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  45.3 KB
    Pic taken outside 88 Sandwell Rd., West Bromwich, STAFFORDSHIRE, late 50's, born and bred there from '42 to '66 when I got married and moved to Woodward Street, then moved to Dagger Lane and on to Penrhyn Bay, Llandudno where we've been since 2004.
    I loved that jumper I'm wearing, it was black with a bright red 'V'.
    My school days were spent at Bratt Street, Christ Church and at 8 I moved to St. Michael's RC school, finished at the Technical College in '58
    Last edited by Baggies_Boy_Tony; 08-04-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Hi Tony, one the best places to live is Dagger lane . There was a BT enginner,well it was Post Office Telephones in the old days, who lived in a big bungalow on the same side as the pub. His name was Roger, he was wheelchair bound after breaking his back on a motorbike think it was at the Isle of Man. BT was good to him, kept him on gave him a workshop at the Booth st dept and he wired up some on the switchboards to save doing it on site. Saw his house for sale recently must have passed on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)