+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Am I Quiz (No 26)

Frank Clark

I just laid it on a plate for you (I think?)

Peter Shilton
    Terry Paine
    Alan Oakes
    Steve Perryman
    Last edited by mikemiller; 08-04-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Ryan Giggs
    Viv Anderson
    Des Walker
    Last edited by mikemiller; 08-04-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Steve Ogrizovic?

Martin Peters

Quote Originally Posted by Adventus2012 View Post
    Steve Ogrizovic?
    Is that a question or an answer? If it's an answer it's correct Winner! Surprised Mike didn't get it with the cricketing connection.

I am Steve Ogrizovic

I am on a list of 4 players who have achieved something special. I played at the top level in 4 different decades 1970s-2000s. Also achieved by Peter Shilton, John Lukic and Sir Stanley Matthews

My debut at one team wasn't exactly inspiring. For Liverpool, lost 4-0 to Derby.

I won more European medals than domestic ones. 2 European Cup Winners Medals (on the bench for Liverpool), 1 FA Cup Winners Medal for Coventry

I scored a famous goal against one of your local rivals. My one career goal was at Hillsborough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwVHKESAT4

I had a choice of playing for 2 countries and ended up playing for neither of them. Yugoslavia (place of father's birth) or England (place of my birth)

I once got the better of a double World Cup Winner and of the father of an England captain. I bowled both Alvin Kallicharran and Chris Broad (Stuart's Dad) during my minor counties cricket career.

I was the subject of fake news before fake news became news. It was wrongly reported I'd been kidnapped in Kazakhstan in 2003

I played most of my career for a team punching above their weight. 16 years for Coventry City in the First Division/Premiership

After ten years, I finally got the better of someone who had held me back for 5 years. I sat on the bench at Liverpool for 5 years under Ray Clemence but beat him when he played for Spurs in the 1987 Cup Final.

On that day you could have easily mistaken us for Sheffield Wednesday. We wore blue and white stripes when winning the FA Cup.

I wore all white in a couple of cup competitions I played in, as did my 10 team mates. Playing cricket for Shropshire/Minor Counties in the Nat West/B&H Cup.

I hold the record for the most number of games played at one of my clubs. 604 for Coventry City

From a well known chant you would have thought there were 3 of me playing. Oggy, Oggy, Oggy.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 08-04-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Did try to think of a few obscure Liverpool players, but didn't remember that Ogrizovic had even been on their books, let alone got a European medal!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Is that a question or an answer? If it's an answer it's correct Winner! Surprised Mike didn't get it with the cricketing connection.

I am Steve Ogrizovic

I am on a list of 4 players who have achieved something special. I played at the top level in 4 different decades 1970s-2000s. Also achieved by Peter Shilton, John Lukic and Sir Stanley Matthews

My debut at one team wasn't exactly inspiring. For Liverpool, lost 4-0 to Derby.

I won more European medals than domestic ones. 2 European Cup Winners Medals (on the bench for Liverpool), 1 FA Cup Winners Medal for Coventry

I scored a famous goal against one of your local rivals. My one career goal was at Hillsborough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwVHKESAT4

I had a choice of playing for 2 countries and ended up playing for neither of them. Yugoslavia (place of father's birth) or England (place of my birth)

I once got the better of a double World Cup Winner and of the father of an England captain. I bowled both Alvin Kallicharran and Chris Broad (Stuart's Dad) during my minor counties cricket career.

I was the subject of fake news before fake news became news. It was wrongly reported I'd been kidnapped in Kazakhstan in 2003

I played most of my career for a team punching above their weight. 16 years for Coventry City in the First Division/Premiership

After ten years, I finally got the better of someone who had held me back for 5 years. I sat on the bench at Liverpool for 5 years under Ray Clemence but beat him when he played for Spurs in the 1987 Cup Final.

On that day you could have easily mistaken us for Sheffield Wednesday. We wore blue and white stripes when winning the FA Cup.

I wore all white in a couple of cup competitions I played in, as did my 10 team mates. Playing cricket for Shropshire/Minor Counties in the Nat West/B&H Cup.

I hold the record for the most number of games played at one of my clubs. 604 for Coventry City

From a well known chant you would have thought there were 3 of me playing. Oggy, Oggy, Oggy.
    Hi CAM It was definately an answer
    It was the last clue that gave it away for me and Iknew he scored a famous goal against Wednesday in around 1986 i think.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Did try to think of a few obscure Liverpool players, but didn't remember that Ogrizovic had even been on their books, let alone got a European medal!
    4 appearances in 5 years. Don't let Roly know or he'll be calling him one of the idle rich

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast