+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Summat to watch

Summat to watch

Red button, BBC iPlayer- George Best 'All by himself'

Av read his book which is the best sporting biography I've read. (Cloughies a close 2nd)

Sad, sad story in the end but bloody hell, what a player. A true footballing genius.

He came to the Civic Hall in 1993 I think it was with Rodney Marsh and commentator Ian Darke as compere .

For two hours they both told stories about their time in the game and then did a Q&A , it was absolutely fantastic stuff , well over two hours worth .

Ian Darke is also a very funny man who is a brilliant impressionist and did all the top characters in the game around that time and many from the past .

Absolutely top night that was .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    He came to the Civic Hall in 1993 I think it was with Rodney Marsh and commentator Ian Darke as compere .

For two hours they both told stories about their time in the game and then did a Q&A , it was absolutely fantastic stuff , well over two hours worth .

Ian Darke is also a very funny man who is a brilliant impressionist and did all the top characters in the game around that time and many from the past .

Absolutely top night that was .
    Adda paid good money to see that Animal. Rodney Marsh not everybody's cuppachar but he's owd school and a dint mind him.

Watching clips of Best laikin is a delight. Beautiful footballer he were. One of my favourites is the goal he scored at Old Trafford when he left Chopper Harris on his arse and in his wake. Also that dink volley over the goalkeeper at OT, wonderful stuff. However, his ability on the ball was unbelievable and that's what really stands out for me. A truly world class player.