+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THe media at the updates.

As you say, they are running out of necessary questions to ask. I realise that it is a serious situation but do we need so much TV coverage as we are having. I would limit the coverage to two briefings a day of about 15 mins. duration giving the public the most important points from the previous 24 hours. We don't need the constant interviews from every quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    As you say, they are running out of necessary questions to ask. I realise that it is a serious situation but do we need so much TV coverage as we are having. I would limit the coverage to two briefings a day of about 15 mins. duration giving the public the most important points from the previous 24 hours. We don't need the constant interviews from every quarter.
    Agreed. We are getting assailed with so much dross that we are in danger of missing the ***** bits.

I actually think that our Government will be in need of some support after this. Imagine being up night after night worrying about the right thing to do after listening to those who actually know something and then having to face a barrage of reporters who know NOTHING throwing accusation after accusation and not even saying "Sorry I didn't understand, thanks for explaining" or "I'm glad that you are well Prime Minister" It really shows them up. I have no doubt whatsoever that the Government is busting a gut, and so is every other expert in their field.

Matt Hancock doesn’t help matters by looking as slimy as Rigsby and constantly being evasive.

Jesus Christ.......just say.....”we may have f hooked up on lockdown and in truth it might be a month before there’s enough PPE in the country,I accept that I’m to partly blame and at the end of this I’ll resign”.

What a refreshing change that would make.

Boris needs to fire that halfwit Ashok Sharma as soon as he’s got the wind back in his sails and that chinless t w a t Robert “Holiday home” Jenrick as well.

There’s some truly awful back up acts in this cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I actually think that our Government will be in need of some support after this. Imagine being up night after night worrying about the right thing to do after listening to those who actually know something and then having to face a barrage of reporters who know NOTHING throwing accusation after accusation and not even saying "Sorry I didn't understand, thanks for explaining" or "I'm glad that you are well Prime Minister" It really shows them up. I have no doubt whatsoever that the Government is busting a gut, and so is every other expert in their field.
    I couldn't have anymore of the opposite opinion to you. The people who will need support after this will be nurses, doctors, frontline and key workers. Who have been beaten down and trodden on by this government for 10 years.

The Tory party typically only care about their PR, especially in a disaster like this. That's why they'll be reasonably happy that most front pages are headlined by Boris Johnson and his recovery, rather than the 5000+ people who have died this week. In time there will no doubt be an inquiry, asking why we have had so many deaths in comparison to countries like Germany and Ireland. And the truth, as always, will come out.

I have zero sympathy with them. My sympathy is with the stretched NHS and frontline workers.

And again today, SAME QUESTIONS. Try listening?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I couldn't have anymore of the opposite opinion to you. The people who will need support after this will be nurses, doctors, frontline and key workers. Who have been beaten down and trodden on by this government for 10 years.

The Tory party typically only care about their PR, especially in a disaster like this. That's why they'll be reasonably happy that most front pages are headlined by Boris Johnson and his recovery, rather than the 5000+ people who have died this week. In time there will no doubt be an inquiry, asking why we have had so many deaths in comparison to countries like Germany and Ireland. And the truth, as always, will come out.

I have zero sympathy with them. My sympathy is with the stretched NHS and frontline workers.
    I think that we all have sympathy and great gratitude for all those involved with the NHS and a of course, there should be some special considerations for them when all this is past. But, Mr WBA123, your criticism of the government is, I think, premature and somewhat misplaced. I am sure that they are all doing their best and I wonder who you think would have done the job any better? I suspect that you are a Corbyn sycophant, I am so pleased that we don’t have him trying to run the country. Don’t criticise people in these circumstances who have such an unenviable job and clearly doing the best that they can; I am confident in saying that you couldn’t do any better. By the way, I didn’t vote for this government either. It seems, 123, that you are a bigoted individual and your best course of action at this time would be, to be polite, to ‘button it’.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    And again today, SAME QUESTIONS. Try listening?
    These questions are pissing me off now. Why don't they listen to the answers already given!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I think that we all have sympathy and great gratitude for all those involved with the NHS and a of course, there should be some special considerations for them when all this is past. But, Mr WBA123, your criticism of the government is, I think, premature and somewhat misplaced. I am sure that they are all doing their best and I wonder who you think would have done the job any better? I suspect that you are a Corbyn sycophant, I am so pleased that we don’t have him trying to run the country. Don’t criticise people in these circumstances who have such an unenviable job and clearly doing the best that they can; I am confident in saying that you couldn’t do any better. By the way, I didn’t vote for this government either. It seems, 123, that you are a bigoted individual and your best course of action at this time would be, to be polite, to ‘button it’.
    In a nutshell 👍🏻😎

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    And so coherently put.

I never call for idiots to button it as the more they say the bigger idiots they show themselves to be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)