+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T:- Letter from Boris

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    It was what’s known in the industry as a door drop, there was no personalisation involved and it’s the cheapest way to get a printed message on every door mat in the country and more effective than emails.
    It's not effective at all if it takes 10 days longer! The key to a spreading virus is to catch it early surely? What's receiving a letter 2 and a half weeks into a lockdown realistically going to achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    It's not effective at all if it takes 10 days longer! The key to a spreading virus is to catch it early surely? What's receiving a letter 2 and a half weeks into a lockdown realistically going to achieve?
    Im not disputing that at all, just explaining what the mailing was. That said it was probably sent out to reinforce the message and not meant to be the primary source of information which obviously would have been other media outlets ie television, radio, newspapers, social media etc.

It’s very easy to be a critic. If the government had sent out emails, what database would they have used? Where are the email addresses of everyone in the country held? And what consent have we given for them to be used for this purpose? Then the call would be “not everyone has an email address or access to one”
    You can’t win. I’m absolutely no fan of mail but currently in society it still has a place for some and is the only way no one could claim not to be aware of what going on. However long it takes.
    A lot of people don’t like Boris (I’m not a fan either) and will find fault in everything this government does and there are plenty to find. But in this case there simply is no perfect solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    went straight in the shredder
    Keep documents like these for your kids - one day they will be worth something as artefacts. I kept all the Common Market stuff from the 1970's too. These are historical times, Gladys.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Keep documents like these for your kids - one day they will be worth something as artefacts. I kept all the Common Market stuff from the 1970's too. These are historical times, Gladys.
    Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Im not disputing that at all, just explaining what the mailing was. That said it was probably sent out to reinforce the message and not meant to be the primary source of information which obviously would have been other media outlets ie television, radio, newspapers, social media etc.
    I agree any exhortations from any source , can only reinforce the message.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123