+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Letter from Boris

What a scandalous waste of time, money and effort which could have been diverted to far better uses. If you haven't picked up the important messages by now, this won't switch your light on.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I open the mail on the floor, Take the letter out with fingers that haven't touched the envelope, trust the paper has been out of human touch long enough for any virus to have died, throw the envelope away and then wash my hands.

However I suspect that most of this is spread in the air and for further distances than originally estimated.

A thorough analysis of exactly how Boris and co caught it would be interesting. There must be enough video and witness evidence to come up with plausible explanations like someone coughing at a meeting, and how did they get it? Follow government guidelines eh!
    That's all very well and good but you are aware of what is going on, as such, this letter is not aimed at you and tells you nothing you do not already know.

This letter is aimed at people that are out of the loop, if that is the case how many of them are doing the same as you do?

This is crass stupidity by the PM and doing something for the sake of it to appeal to the hard of thinking. It's up there with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3NAx3tsy-k

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What a scandalous waste of time, money and effort which could have been diverted to far better uses. If you haven't picked up the important messages by now, this won't switch your light on.
    I realise that at times like this they have to make sure that everyone is kept informed, but in the computer age does it really need a letter to EVERY single household in the country????? Surely we could have been offered an opt out clause where we had to tick a box saying "I keep up to date with the news so don't need a letter stating the bleeding obvious, please put the money spent on my letter to better causes".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I realise that at times like this they have to make sure that everyone is kept informed, but in the computer age does it really need a letter to EVERY single household in the country????? Surely we could have been offered an opt out clause where we had to tick a box saying "I keep up to date with the news so don't need a letter stating the bleeding obvious, please put the money spent on my letter to better causes".
    That would involve a lot more work and expense. If you look at the envelope you will see it isn't addressed. How would the Royal Mail know where to deliver the letters and where not to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    That would involve a lot more work and expense. If you look at the envelope you will see it isn't addressed. How would the Royal Mail know where to deliver the letters and where not to?
    Again I would refer to the internet age. I would have thought someone would be clever enough to manage a national yes / no database. Things like polling cards are sent to everyone so the info is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Its marketing. And the buzz word for marketing stuff at the moment is personalisation. It might not feel like it to you but a letter nowadays from the PM feels personal to many.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Nothing more important at the current time than a potentially viral postman delivering old news to every single letterbox on his(or her) round.

Never mind, he meant well at the time.
    Are you trying to infer he's gone and wasted £6m?

At least the postmen will get a bit of extra exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Its marketing. And the buzz word for marketing stuff at the moment is personalisation. It might not feel like it to you but a letter nowadays from the PM feels personal to many.
    It must have taken Johnson quite a while to type out and sign my personal letter and everyone else’s. Or did he just sign one his secretary had typed and printed, and then the poor secretary had to photocopy tens of millions and put them in envelopes and take them to the pillar box in convenient batches?

Perhaps mine will be mail merged and call me “applepie” every second sentence.

went straight in the shredder

It was what’s known in the industry as a door drop, there was no personalisation involved and it’s the cheapest way to get a printed message on every door mat in the country and more effective than emails.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast