+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United - Championship winners 2019/20

Its being tweeted that the Championship was the league kicking up phuck about the proposal.I thought they would to be honest and i cannie really blame them.If Partick are going down then so are Hearts in my book,anything else is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Common sense that this will happen.

Financial imperative for clubs to accept deal that ends season with the positions standing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52214595

Well done to Mr Ogren, Robbie, the staff and all the players.

The importance of this achievement has to be recognised.

Well done United

🏆
    You just ken after posting this that this won't happen now

Jinx

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    It needs 75% of the 42 clubs to pass.

Rangers and Hearts against. Potentially Aberdeen as they may not want the lower leagues to set a precedent and want to try for 3rd.

Stranraer and Patrick against.

The rest including Brechin who avoid relegation to non league should be voting in favour as only logical solution now and gets the prize money released early.

The Fun get a very lucky third place.

Teams in mid table avoid risk they could have been dragged into relegation play off - that applies to Arbroath down who are 5th on points per game.

ICT get second and it is likely they will go up as I’d expect 14 team top league to follow - so hearts won’t be relegated and neither will anyone else

By far best thing now when we don’t know how long covid restrictions will last that this gets voted through
    McInnes has already said he wants the league finished now, so I'd say Aberdeen would be a yes.

Falkirk won't agree. I'm not convinced Airdrie will either.

Either way, can see it being a landslide in favour.

For the life of me I cannot see this vote getting 32 clubs approval, I think we will fall back in with the premiership scenario and delay until time fully runs out to get the league finished then standings will be deemed final.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    For the life of me I cannot see this vote getting 32 clubs approval, I think we will fall back in with the premiership scenario and delay until time fully runs out to get the league finished then standings will be deemed final.
    The article in OP seemed to indicate this is a done deal 🤞 I accept not guaranteed.

Only clubs out of 42 that I can think will vote against Sevco, Aberdeen, Hearts, Partick, Falkirk and Stranraer. Maybe also Airdrie and Queens Park.

Needs 11 to vote against to stop it.

The virus sadly looks like it does not stop with hot weather and will still be transmitting in summer.

The only options are voiding season or calling it now if we are going to start next season in August

This proposal now seems only logical step.

Financial survival is main thing for almost every spfl club at the moment and so this has to pass

It depends on how much they need the cash. Aberdeen need it so bad they wont vote against it. Hamilton, Hearts, Ross County, Dundee, Ayr, Morton, Raith, Airdrie, Peterhead, Stranraer, Cove, Cowdenbeath, Stirling, Annan, Elgin City. Not all these will vote against - Queens Park i am kidding myself that they are neutral they will vote which ever way Sevco tell them to.

Right so Hearts, Sevco, Dundee, ICT, Ayr, Partick, Falkirk, Airdrie, Stranraer, Edinburgh all have vested interests it depends how much influence the hvns have. Which is bizarre cos rumours are of admin potential if they are without funds for 3 months. Hence they want the money now and to play rest of games.

Everyone wants to play the games but wether thats possible who knows.

If Premier league clubs are voting then most won't care. However Hearts and The R might worry about what will come next. ICT, Dundee and Partick and maybe Ayr (possibly Dunfermline). Falkirk and Airdrie (I doubt if Montrose or Stranraer would vote against).
    Would Edinburgh City?
    So that makes 2+5+2+1=10
    So the other 10+5+8+9=32

Why 75% what's especially important about that. People vote for themselves.

Percentage in favour 32x100/42 = 76.2%
    A close run thing.

The floating voters then would be Montrose, Stanraer or Elgin to scupper the yes vote.

So it's a YES

Queens Park want the new professional team to start next season so I doubt they would vote NO

Can't see 11 clubs out of 42 voting against this so yeah I think its done.

It's no ideal, I'd have preferred to finish the season but suppose nobody seen these times coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    Queens Park want the new professional team to start next season so I doubt they would vote NO
    didnt know that but in the dark world of masonic football anything can happen

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)