+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United - Championship winners 2019/20

Dundee United - Championship winners 2019/20

Common sense that this will happen.

Financial imperative for clubs to accept deal that ends season with the positions standing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52214595

Well done to Mr Ogren, Robbie, the staff and all the players.

The importance of this achievement has to be recognised.

Well done United

🏆

Well, we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Well, we'll see...
    As a betting man I’d say this is now close to nailed on 🙏🤞

It is in vast majority of clubs’ interest to vote in favour and vote is happening.

What is more uncertain is what will happen with league reconstruction next season and the ugly sisters

I do not think it will be voted through,i would bet that The Rangers would be offering clubs their peanut pay outs from the league if they vote against.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I do not think it will be voted through,i would bet that The Rangers would be offering clubs their peanut pay outs from the league if they vote against.
    Maybe but I thought this vote was only for leagues below premier

It may set a precedent but I think clubs will vote in their own interests to end league with the current positions.

Article above by Tom English - who usually knows what he is taking about - indicates this looks like it is going to happen. Votes to be made by Friday

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Maybe but I thought this vote was only for leagues below premier

It may set a precedent but I think clubs will vote in their own interests to end league with the current positions.

Article above by Tom English - who usually knows what he is taking about - indicates this looks like it is going to happen. Votes to be made by Friday
    This vote includes all 42 clubs mate.

In our league if were in control of ICT,DFC,Ayr Utd,Dunfermline and Partick Thistle i would vote against it.

It needs 75% of the 42 clubs to pass.

Rangers and Hearts against. Potentially Aberdeen as they may not want the lower leagues to set a precedent and want to try for 3rd.

Stranraer and Patrick against.

The rest including Brechin who avoid relegation to non league should be voting in favour as only logical solution now and gets the prize money released early.

The Fun get a very lucky third place.

Teams in mid table avoid risk they could have been dragged into relegation play off - that applies to Arbroath down who are 5th on points per game.

ICT get second and it is likely they will go up as I’d expect 14 team top league to follow - so hearts won’t be relegated and neither will anyone else

By far best thing now when we don’t know how long covid restrictions will last that this gets voted through

Thread is premature, can't say I'm anywhere near as convinced it would be voted for as you

Falkirk will vote against

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)