+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I think it may end.

How I think it may end.

I think The League starts again again in October, finishes January. With a break for Christmas.

Starts again Feb, done for Xmas, Christmas break for all Prem League till the World Cup starts.....
    Makes sense.

Didn't know you had a stammer jules again again

I agree Jules. Why not change the schedule of our football season to playing from beginning of spring to the end of autumn. Have our close season ova winter months. It would cut out all the winter postponements forra start and them midweek summer neets especially would be a great time to watch games for the fans.

The Qatar World cup starts on 21st November 2022 so should we change to what I suggest, then it would coincide with the end of our domestic season.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Open all hours

Only problem with that is the cricket season.
    I know they don't get big crowds but if the Aussies come over it will be crazy.
    Plus the 20-20's are played in the evenings.
    We'd have a very long and boring winter.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    That’s appropriate matey..... Just watched the first series of Open all Hours .......
    Absolute Classic Comedy
    ah she.
    Absolute Classic Comedy....

If you can... watch it...watch it.,,
    And repeat

Oh, Fek it
    I’ll reply in the morning......
    This Captain Morgan’s is a bit stronger than Morrison’s

The EFL have told clubs that the 2019/20 season could be completed in just 56 days – with games set to go behind closed doors.

Thursday, 9th April 2020, 11:48 am
    The EFL have told clubs that the 2019/20 season could be completed in just 56 days with games set to go behind closed doors. Copyright: Getty
    In a letter to all clubs currently playing in the Championship, which has been seen by the Yorkshire Evening Post, EFL chairman Rick Parry has revealed his plan to finish the season in just 56 days with fixtures set to be played behind closed doors.

That timeframe – which equates to just eight weeks – would see all remaining Championship fixtures, plus the play-offs, completed. Leeds United currently have nine games remaining in their league campaign and hope to secure promotion automatically.

The EFL have also told all clubs NOT to return to training until May 16 at the earliest – but have pledged to give sides adequate time to prepare for the resumption of the campaign.

In the letter, Parry writes: “We currently estimate that the League will require approximately 56 days to complete the outstanding matches in the season (including Play-Offs) and we are committed to ensuring that clubs are provided an appropriate notice period to ensure you are able to prepare operationally given the scale and impact of the postponement in place.

“The EFL Board is currently working on the basis that end-of-season play-offs will take place across all three divisions as normal with two-legged Semi-Finals and a Final, although no decision has been taken on the likely venue as it will depend on the circumstances at play at the time.”

“It is our working assumption at this stage that matches will be played behind closed doors when we eventually return and as part of our contingency planning we are absolutely mindful of the need to try and mitigate the cost of this to Clubs as best we can.”

“Clubs should be advised not to recommence any training activity with players until 16 May at the earliest,” he continued.

“How and when we return (including training) is clearly subject to change and any decisions will be taken in conjunction with the Government and relevant health authorities.”

Sarnds sensible to me.

Coronavirus situation permitting--

Play out remaining fixtures July and August behind closed doors
    Transfer window three weeks in Sept
    Start season late Sept with no League Cup or EFL Trophy

Barnsley, Huddersfield, Hull City and Leeds United discuss 'nuclear doomsday' plans - Championship round-up Copyright: Getty
    The Daily Mail report that the possibility of group 'doomsday' administration, if no common ground can be found, has been discussed by second-tier owners and chief executives.

However, the plans would require agreement from all 24 Championship clubs and an enormous amount of trust from all sides.

What the hell is a doomsday administration ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast