+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Food/ale van at NYS again

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Looking at it Millertop 12 pukka pies for £15, I get 3 packs of 2 pukka pies for a £5 at Farmfoods, so 6 for a £5.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Total madness. Got to stop this.
    I don't have a huge problem with this as long as it is done correctly. I didn't go to the first one and probably won't go this time either but I see no reason why the pop-up shops cannot be at the end of the road, adjacent to the North-west corner of the stadium. Cars could drive in through Don Street and queue up if necessary without people having to get out of them until they reach the shop. They then place their order, pay and get back in their cars, exiting onto the main road. Very limited interaction and considerably less than at the supermarkets despite their amazing efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I don't have a huge problem with this as long as it is done correctly. I didn't go to the first one and probably won't go this time either but I see no reason why the pop-up shops cannot be at the end of the road, adjacent to the North-west corner of the stadium. Cars could drive in through Don Street and queue up if necessary without people having to get out of them until they reach the shop. They then place their order, pay and get back in their cars, exiting onto the main road. Very limited interaction and considerably less than at the supermarkets despite their amazing efforts.
    I was thinking along the same lines but if it leads to people making 'unnecessary' trips, having 'unnecessary' road accidents, calling upon 'unnecessary' emergency/health services...Unlikely I know but no different than not wanting people out and about in cars doing sightseeing when there's no need for them to be. I'd love to be able to get 5lb of sausage for that price but won't be taking an 'unnecessary' 5,000 mile flight

There are ways round it like you say Tony but it needs managing properly I dont think you can just chuck a kiosk up an d have no rules for purchasing from it in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines but if it leads to people making 'unnecessary' trips, having 'unnecessary' road accidents, calling upon 'unnecessary' emergency/health services...Unlikely I know but no different than not wanting people out and about in cars doing sightseeing when there's no need for them to be. I'd love to be able to get 5lb of sausage for that price but won't be taking an 'unnecessary' 5,000 mile flight
    The reason I will probably not go CA is that I live 6 miles away and there are other places nearer that I could get to for my food needs. If I lived a bit closer then I would definitely give it some serious thoughts, especially if it was organised as I suggested.

People do actually live in and around town.

I’m sure they will have got permission not only from the club but health guidance as well, like the listerdale chippy have who are doing click and collect
    Last edited by millertop; 09-04-2020 at 03:03 PM.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVRI07ZW...jpg&name=large

Not doing it at NYS now, Delivery instead

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVRI07ZW...jpg&name=large

Not doing it at NYS now, Delivery instead
    Makes sense. Doesn't mention a maximum distance for delivery so might give it a try

Seems a bit of a u turn

I suspect they were told not to do it

Not on a weekend when it is absolutely critical to the health of our fellow citizens to stay at home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast