+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid-19 Deaths

Covid-19 Deaths

Seems the further north you live in the UK the greater the deaths from covid-19 virus. I would have thought the greatest percentage would be in the London area ? (This from the Daily Express)

Name:  FireShot Capture 069 - Coronavirus chart shows regions in UK_ - https___www.express.co.uk_news_u.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  63.4 KB

Mate, this shows the percentage increase. London is by far a higher hot spot.

If the Northeast had 1 fatality then another person died, the increase would be 100 %

Basically this graph shows, in 5 days the deaths have increased by 117%. So at the start if it was 1 death, its now less than 2 deaths.

Although i know for a fact its way higher.

The fugures are manipulated to feck.

My Mrs is a nurse in 5 hospitals in the North east, she was on a ward in Darlington at the weekend, they had 138 confirmed cases on that ward, yet the "actual figures shown only 55 cases in that town)
    They dont include poeple from the surrounding areas etc. People who pass away at home are not included in any figures either.

sad times

I'm convinced the Family doctors over here have been told not to test their older patients for the virus to keep the numbers down. My wife is just coming through the worst bout of coughing I have ever seen,her throat closed up and she could hardly breathe she had a fever and has underlying problems. Saw two other Doctors about the same thing and when I asked if it could be covid-19 I just got a shrug of the shoulders and was told she will just have to wait it out at home. Antibiotics, prednisone and cortisone inhalers were useless, I was 'kin furious with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    I'm convinced the Family doctors over here have been told not to test their older patients for the virus to keep the numbers down. My wife is just coming through the worst bout of coughing I have ever seen,her throat closed up and she could hardly breathe she had a fever and has underlying problems. Saw two other Doctors about the same thing and when I asked if it could be covid-19 I just got a shrug of the shoulders and was told she will just have to wait it out at home. Antibiotics, prednisone and cortisone inhalers were useless, I was 'kin furious with them.

if she gets worse, get back onto them and insist on them prescribing her with an oxygen tank with mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Seems the further north you live in the UK the greater the deaths from covid-19 virus. I would have thought the greatest percentage would be in the London area ? (This from the Daily Express)

Name:  FireShot Capture 069 - Coronavirus chart shows regions in UK_ - https___www.express.co.uk_news_u.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  63.4 KB
    Do not trust Sly News !

I think the figure shows the gradual spread from the busiest metropolitan area to other transport hubs, places with better transport infrastructure and places where people are in the most day to day close proximity. Glad I don`t live in London. On a local note (Cullercoats), my ex has recently had her third lot of chemo with terminal lung and brain cancer. She had a fever and nausea Wed night, we dropped her at Cram Hosp by arrangement, they did a blood test immediately and we collected her 5 hrs later. Got the results this morning less than 24 hrs later, simple chest infection, no covid19, no sepsis, so she`s on antibiotics and feeling better already. The speed that this all happened is truly amazing and a real credit to the NHS. Let`s hope the NHS is never again allowed to be so underfunded for so long and we have an end to the backdoor privatisation that`s been crawling through the shadows for since 2010. Tax the rich, if they complain, eat them or send them to the Chum factory. The other major factor in the spread is socio economic, if you`re poor and in a poorer area both health and health provision are poorer, same for education. Stay as safe as you can everybody.

Yes, health systems should be job number 1 for any government but they rarely are.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)