+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: An extra £10 grand for every MP during the lockdown

An extra £10 grand for every MP during the lockdown

Not bad if you can get it eh?
    Apparently they have been given it to cover extra costs while working from home????
    Just a few things about this outrageous indulgence
    Firstly they would have been working from home anyway from last friday till 24th April during the Easter recess.
    Its seems pretty obscene that despite already receiving their full salaries whilst most arent they have accepted an extra £10k each before most of the country have even obtained any govt help like furlough payments.
    Sounds like the expenses scandal all over again to me. Empty the swamp i say
    Last edited by Kelton; 10-04-2020 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Apparently they have been given it to cover extra costs while working from home????
    Firstly they would have been working from home anyway from last friday till 24th April during the Easter recess.
    Its seems pretty obscene that despite already receiving their full salaries whilst most arent they have accepted an extra £10k each before most of the country have even obtained any govt help like furlough payments.
    Frankly it is a disgrace.

Total and deliberate misreporting of the facts by the tabloids, the MPs have been given nothing, it is a contingency fund only to be used if absolutely required and has to be justified. The money is to help MPs staff to buy essential equipment to work from home. The vast majority of MPs have this covered in their normal office budgets.

I'm no fan of MP's but this is somewhat mis-reported.

Check your sources, old lad. Read and listen to more balanced media.

Ridiculous post, and an example of why you need to check the actual facts of some of the idiots on this forum.

Everyone in the UK, who works from home, in any capacity for the government or self-employed, can claim expenses....EXPENSES

If the MPs are now working from home (ie lockdown) they are now entitled to claim extra heating, phone, printing etc etc etc ie the free stuff they were getting inside Parliament.......nobody is handing over 10k in cash to MPs, it's up to them to claim it...or not (I assume they have to show receipts)....I would be extremely surprised if any MP, irrespective of party allegiance claims anything remotely near 10k

Can i suggest those who disagree with me listen to the interview on LBC conducted by Nick Ferrari with the cabinet minister. Its freely available on the internet under the title “Why are MP’s getting an extra £10k in expenses while businesses are collapsing asks Nick Ferrari” and then read the general publics responses to this proposal after the article. I think upon listening to it and reading the public responses many of you will have to accept you appear to be in a parallel universe to Joe Public!!
    If you think for one second the same people who stole our money during the expenses scandal wont do it again now given an enormous green light you are deluded. These people are experts in financial abuse.

The world is a dangerous place because of morons like this - bet you never manage to complete the ‘easy clues crossword’ in the rag you read.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    The world is a dangerous place because of morons like this - bet you never manage to complete the ‘easy clues crossword’ in the rag you read.
    I am not sure if you understand the point I am making but to try and help you I will point out that it is not based on anything I have read. Its what I have heard, in a freely available interview that i provided the link to? Listen to it before you insult others. Then read the views of ordinary people in relation to its contents. Alternatively continue to make baseless insults which frankly make you look like the moron?

Ferrari, like his namesake car, is fast and loose (with his language).