+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exercise

Exercise

What's everyone doing to stay fit?

Part of me thinks that a load of people will come out of this a lot (well, at least a bit) fitter. Because we can't go out other than for exercise and shopping (apart from those of us still working), people are actually getting more exercise than they would normally. Maybe this will be offset by the amount of snacking folk will do because they've got so much time on their hands?

I get out on my bike most days for my exercise, plus I cycle to school when I'm in.

Our Taekwondo club are keeping lessons going via Zoom although because I don't have a garden, I have to do it in my front room. Other than that, my plan is to get up early and cycle to the tennis courts in Exhibition Park to do my Taekwondo patterns as part of my exercise. I say 'plan' because, as it involves getting up early enough to avoid people, I would need to go to bed and get up earlier...so it hasn't happened yet. To keep my climbing strength up I'm thinking of buying one of those pull-up bars you can attach over the door.

What are you managing?

Well so far I've moved my weights bench and cross trainer from the garage into the conservatory! 😂

Every journey begins with a single step!

My beer perfect draft machine is 15m to the utility room.

But I am working atm and get exercise that way

My routine hasn't changed, do a few stretching exercises (10X10) reps morning and night and a 4 mile power walk each morning which takes an hour.

Before the virus I used to see dozens of bodies out walking, dog walking, cycling, jogging etc but now there are only a handful, about 4/5 and I see the Postman as many times as that on his round. We always have a chat, at a distance of course.

Living at the foot of the North Downs, although on the edge of the countryside it used to be a hive of activity in the mornings but now it's almost ghostly.

Training 2 times a day

As I can no longer run due to a damaged kneecap that was supposed to be operated just before we had old Covid which fraked it up, I now do:
    Sit-ups
    Push ups
    Low level weights - early morning
    Gardening - during the day + plus
    Walking 15k steps a day that gives me about 10km/15km distance a day.

Need to do it as my wine consumption has gone up but I stopped buying and drinking beers.

Taekwondo - cool!

I'm doing a bit of running and sit-ups/push-ups. Started out really well, but I have been lazy lately I'm afraid :S

I'm just going out for my daily walk which varies between 5 and 10 kilometres a day, depending what mood kids and wife are in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)