+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic FM Top 300

Classic FM Top 300

At the risk of being abused by BT

Classic FM are currently counting down the top 300 pieces of classical music as voted for by the listeners.

They are playing the pieces between 9AM and 9PM over the Easter weekend, finishing on Monday night.

Vaughan Williams 2The Lark Asending was number one last year but I find it a bit meh.

Beethoven is my favorite and I voted for his Piano Concert number 5 (The Emperor) and his Symphony number 7.

Currently playing number 273 which is a bit of Wagner.

Cheers 59, I'll put it on, I've tried a few radio stations, anything to avoid the dreaded news channels, but trying to fond a dross free one is difficult.

And don't worry about the barbarians, let 'em whinge.

Old Grammar school boys simply can't help themselves from putting each other on a perch just above the rest of us plebs. Classic FM has a small, mostly highbrow following; I'm reliably informed most of the "Highbrow Set" reside in the Ribble Valley. FFS get some Jimi Hendricks on!

As my old mum used to say, 'There's never a show beht Punch'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Old Grammar school boys simply can't help themselves from putting each other on a perch just above the rest of us plebs. Classic FM has a small, mostly highbrow following; I'm reliably informed most of the "Highbrow Set" reside in the Ribble Valley. FFS get some Jimi Hendricks on!
    Has he made anything new recently? At least with Elvis, Buddy Holly et al they used to miraculously find unrelelased recordings under the bed --did Jimi not have a bed?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Don't get involved in this 59er - it's just mine and Sinkov's annual "Easter wind up"!

Another old Grammar School boy here BT but living in the Irwell Valley. I love the Violin Concertos of Beethoven & Brahms. Both these master composers wrote only a single concerto for this the most popular musical instrument of their day. Hey but when you have penned musical perfection you don’t need a second go.

Don't get involved in this 59er - it's just mine and Sinkov's annual "Easter wind up"!
    Aye BT!

We know you too well

I only started listening to classical stuff seriously when I was in my late 30's.

I was lucky enough to spend my formative years in the 60's and 70's and the music was incredible.

My favorites were Pink Floyd, The Who, Wishbone Ash etc etc. But I also loved all the popular stuff, Motown, Glam Rock etc etc.
    The music was completely different than the stuff that was around before. It was exciting, creative and made a great soundtrack to my life.
    My Uni days revolved round music, ale and footy.

Happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Another old Grammar School boy here BT but living in the Irwell Valley. I love the Violin Concertos of Beethoven & Brahms. Both these master composers wrote only a single concerto for this the most popular musical instrument of their day. Hey but when you have penned musical perfection you don’t need a second go.
    Yes Outwood, you have picked two of my favorites there.

My favorite violin concertos are 1/. Mendelssohn 2/. Bruch 3/. Beethoven

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)