+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- ONS Website

O/T:- ONS Website

Total deaths, all ages, 2020

January 3 to the week ending March 20.

Total deaths - average of corresponding weeks over the previous 5 years

'There have been no greater fatalities from this bug than from an average year's seasonal peak'
    Last edited by SwalePie; 10-04-2020 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Fixed title and O/T prefix

Oh that's it then - a total fuss over nothing. Get out there and enjoy the sun.
    Oh wait a minute ... I'm looking at your dates ... hasn't late March and early April's tally blown a hole in the comparison?
    Last edited by sidders; 10-04-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Oh that's it then - a total fuss over nothing. Get out there and enjoy the sun.
    Oh wait a minute ... I'm looking at your dates ... hasn't late March and early April's tally blown a hole in the comparison?
    They're not my figures, they're from the ONS. Hardly a 'hole' in any case.

It's blown a hole in the mainstream media's spurious reporting that someone 'with' Covid died OF it after being run over by, for example, a Traction Engine.

No idea what godforsaken website Forest boy is getting his info from, but this chap says the ONS stats say something completely different(hint; it’s not good).

https://twitter.com/chrisgiles_/stat...300456960?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post

'There have been no greater fatalities from this bug than from an average year's seasonal peak'
    I was going to post something similar 3 or 4 days ago.......I watch a lot of AlJazeera. I find it far better than the endless spinning weather globe and irritating "dramatic" build-up music that is Sky.

One commentator had a chart of deaths from normal causes in the USA, (Jan, Feb, March, last 5 years average) V this years deaths including Covid........they were almost identical in the total, apart from the last week or so, where they were getting a lot closer.

I didn't mention it for obvious reasons.......NY deaths were peaking and the two lines were surely going to cross over shortly, could this have been a mild year for flu deaths v a bad 5 years previously?....you can make any graphs say anything you want if you mess around with the parameters etc etc etc....plus I didn't want to get slaughtered on here and hand people the ammunition to shoot me with.

Anyway, it made me think....as Doctor Miriam said, most of those people were going to die anyway in 3 months, 6 months or a year, so if you've only got a dozen ventilators, you make sure the young survive first, then the middle-aged etc...there are numerous cases of trauma staff having to "play God" when equipment and beds are in short supply.

In an ideal world there would be limitless supplies of equipment and nurses....unfortunately the World is never perfect, or fair, so we have to learn from this and be better prepared next time.......and that is one thing we can all be sure of......this pandemic ain't the last.

I take it those figures are for the U.K? If so then by 20th March there had been 177 reported deaths in hospitals. That will not include those people in care homes or in the community which the next round of ONS figures should detail where Coronavirus has been noted on the death certificate.

The U.K. has lost just short of 9,000 citizens in 37 days since the first reported Coronavirus death on March 5th. That figure only includes people in hospital and not in care homes or the community.

It is a truly horrendous and shocking amount of deaths in five weeks. This crisis is now in the top ten worst disasters in terms of fatalities ever recorded in this country.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 10-04-2020 at 05:17 PM.

They're not my figures, they're from the ONS. Hardly a 'hole' in any case.

It's blown a hole in the mainstream media's spurious reporting that someone 'with' Covid died OF it after being run over by, for example, a Traction Engine.
    Here we go again. Please define what you mean by 'mainstream media'. Does it include, for example, the Daily Torygraph?
    They may not be your figures but the cutoff point is your choice. It's the equivalent of quoting just half of what someone says and making it devoid of context.
    Last edited by sidders; 10-04-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Here we go again. Please define what you mean by 'mainstream media'. Does it include, for example, the Daily Torygraph?
    They may not be your figures but the cutoff point is your choice. It's the equivalent of quoting just half of what someone says and making it devoid of context.
    At this dreadful time in our history, this left wing dinosaur never stops.....you are a pathetic moron.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    At this dreadful time in our history, this left wing dinosaur never stops.....you are a pathetic moron.
    At this dreadful time in our history, this right wing dinosaur never stops.....you are a pathetic moron.

Still can't manage that second line then Soccerman!

“Another F-in tw@t” - They should be given a dose of the Covid-19 virus and left to suffer.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast