+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Football and Fairness

The thing is the Funny Lot can’t possibly change their vote now. Although it would obviously benefit us, if they now suddenly change to a ‘yes’ it will look bent as phuck.

Reading a lot on this. Many man folk saying they have or are wanting to change the vote that never went in. No idea if true and i agree with James they cannae now - can they? ????

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Reading a lot on this. Many man folk saying they have or are wanting to change the vote that never went in. No idea if true and i agree with James they cannae now - can they? ????
    What I'm getting from the various statements is that they did vote. The SPFL say they received a (No) vote from them.
    But they go on to say that they then received an instruction from Fundee FC to ignore that voting slip and to take it that they had not yet voted.

If that's correct it means that between submitting the NO vote and contacting the SPFL to ignore it, something happened.

The question everyone wants the answer to is what happened. One for the great Inspector Clouseau methinks.

Nelms probably spoke to his American boss who said WTF. We need money now cheenge yer vote pronto.
    Or it is going to be used as an exit strategy by the Texan Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    What I'm getting from the various statements is that they did vote. The SPFL say they received a (No) vote from them.
    But they go on to say that they then received an instruction from Fundee FC to ignore that voting slip and to take it that they had not yet voted.

If that's correct it means that between submitting the NO vote and contacting the SPFL to ignore it, something happened.

The question everyone wants the answer to is what happened. One for the great Inspector Clouseau methinks.
    The timelines involved are also too short for them to have been ‘got at ‘ as alleged by The Club Formerly Known As Rangers. It’s like they've strung along their compadres in the form of the two Thistles and then immediately withdrawn their vote after submitting it, which if I’m being honest I’m not sure you should be allowed to do surely? I mean you or I couldn’t do that in a general election for instance?

Edit to add - if UEFA had the cajones to order member associations just to call the Leagues as they stand we wouldn’t even be debating this. It IS the right thing to do but a’body’s dodging making the call as they don’t want to be the ones ending up being sued by disgruntled Clubs. So the baton is getting passed all over the place.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 12-04-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Maybe but it suits the SPFL to allow it and keep their season ending proposal alive?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Maybe but it suits the SPFL to allow it and keep their season ending proposal alive?
    Yeh I get that TTT but that smacks of making it up as you go along - not unless you’re allowed to change your mind within the 28 day period. That period that nobody knew about until after 1700 on Friday. Honestly it’s degenerating into back of a fag packet stuff noo.

Well they say they submitted it but the SPFL say they never received it. DFC yet to provide evidence that they DID actually submit it as requested by the Ayr chairman today. Should be easy enough to get as copy would be in their sent emails.

Another thing, was it meant to be a ‘secret’ vote? I really don’t know. But if it was then surely the Thistles and Nelms shouldn’t have been organising any voting ‘blocs’ between themselves? Genuinely unsure, maybe not.

The events Friday seem to have been according to Radio Scotland today (Sunday) Friday afternoon DFC assured both Partick and ICT at 4:50 they were voting No before 5:00 After 5:00 SPFL announced one club had not voted. Sometime between 5:00 and 6:00 DFC did submit a vote then shortly afterwards sent the SPFL an email to ignore the voting slip submitted and to consider DFC have not voted as yet as they have 28 days to vote. What happened in that short spell of time? according to the ICT CEO when asked by him who had changed things the DFC secretary said John Nelms. Then all communication with DFC went dead.

Did Nelms change his mind or

Did Nelms get telt from over the pond not to vote No or delay the vote or whatever

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)