+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Away support.

Away support.

7th best average in league one. Only behind the ex premier league clubs and a city with one club.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/average-away-attendance-for-every-league-one-club-in-the-2019-20-season/

Been a good following apart from idiots that turn up but still we all get them

Wonder how many we’d took today, I couldn’t make my mind up whether to stop for a few days or not, that obviously got answered for me

That's a poor following from Donny fans considering they have a town to a similar size to ours.

Like it's been said, Sunderland, Coventry, Portsmouth, Ipswich and Bolton, all ex Prem sides so you'd expect them to have a good following.

Surprised at Tranmere and Lincoln's followings.

Bigger population than us Donny I believe Brin and werent they after city status not long back?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Bigger population than us Donny I believe Brin and werent they after city status not long back?
    Turned down because of their away attendance.

and rightly so wanchai...Thing is about Donny apart from a few years in the champ a few seasons back and in the 50s they have always been quite run of the mill. Admittedly our footy history aint much better but generally I believe it has been a bit better than theirs.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-04-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    That's a poor following from Donny fans considering they have a town to a similar size to ours.

Like it's been said, Sunderland, Coventry, Portsmouth, Ipswich and Bolton, all ex Prem sides so you'd expect them to have a good following.

Surprised at Tranmere and Lincoln's followings.
    I think Lincs and Tranny are on the crest of a wave after coming back from some hard times in the National League so their fans are keen on the club at the moment. Both got promoted again to Div one so the interest is being maintained.
    I thought the Tranny fans were the best I've seen at the NYS. Very animated and they went mental with that late equaliser
    Plus there's no other clubs particularly near Lincoln

Lincoln pick up a decent bit of floating student support.

A lot of Liverpool fans count tranmere as their second club and follow them when tickets are hard to get hold of.

I never thought this reflected on their away support as well though.

Always think Lincoln could be a bit like Norwich for support if they got up the leagues because they have no local rivals (unlike us) to nick their support.

The trannie thing I can understand the Liverpool connection but also the scouser culture is very passionate about its football.

We are basically buggered being so close to the dee dars ; joined geographically at the hip in effect.

Our only hope is for them to go into long term decline but its a big ask for them both to do it.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-04-2020 at 01:39 PM.

[QUOTE=millertop;39476312]Been a good following apart from idiots that turn up but still we all get them

Maybe some of the fans having a laugh an singing a song feel the same way about the numpties sat in there hands.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast