+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Restart

Quote Originally Posted by hgatenasty View Post
    many a good tune played on an old fiddle.
    Exactly !

Bloody dynamite my forehand nowadays .....

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Practice wall painting ?
    The wall mural was a young biker who sadly died and the 'left hand salute' is a traditional biker salute to other bikers here - he was passionate about Indian motorbikes and owned a custom Indian Scout bike ......... he was also a popular committed sports club member and the mural certainly makes one focus when practicing into giving 100% every time with him watching.
    On the other side of the wall is a caged Racquet ball game court which is mixture of tennis/squash were both players have to hit the ball against a wall to win points.Its good fun and great practice for Beach tennis which is very popular in Brittany played on a small court on the beach using a small bat/racquet,a soft ball which must not be allowed to touch the beach surface - again it's real fun to play.

Exercise ?
    Great to hear your exercising to some degree & keeping your mobility is a plus too.
    A park bench to some has only one purpose but for me our garden bench has many including my 50 daily abdominal crunches with the cat.

Computer games ?
    I spend to much time on computers etc so media games ain't my thing but they are a useful tool for exercising mental health if used properly.

Mental health in lockdown ?
    Not sure how you've coped but it sure ain't easy - my eldest daughter has had serious mental health battles with OCD but has held strong over the lockdown period so I take her 'battles' as real inspiration and just get on with things as families health puts life into perspective for sure.Like your garden my garden is weedless and blooming !
    Elsewhere in our household my Mum who is in her 80's and lives in a flat above our garage is still first up at 7am and last to bed so it ain't effected her ..............
    Take care mate.

MOT
    I have and been suffering from dementia amongst heart attacks and other goodies. I play a game called World Of Warcraft which keeps my brain busy so much so on a web site for the game I'm a trouble fixer like fix other people's problems for the game.
    Thank you for good wishes and I'm sure we will be right once we get promoted hehe.

Keep on Fighting as the message above the ER dressing room door says Oz.

Let's hope Bielsa has kept the grey matter of his genius focused for the restart whenever wherever .........
    It appears he's still taking his 45 minute walk to TA most days from his flat in Wetherby according to the Wetherby News ........
    Must be tough living alone with his wife & family in Argentina with no direct physical contact and no players to physically coach literally living in a very modest flat above a shop in Wetherby centre - the blokes a 'one off' for sure as you are Oz !

Socially distanced greetings. I have a theory on this and thought I'd share it with you. If you look back over the past 100 and a bit years, we have had Spanish Flu, SARS, MERS, Avian Flu, Swine fever and other zoonotic diseases, all of which are Corona Viruses from the same family as COVID-19. They all still exist but are no longer the great danger they once were. Also, they have never found a vaccine for any of them. They simply faded away into insignificance.

What makes governments the world over and "philanthropists" like Bill Gates think CV-19 will be any different to its forebears?

IMO CV-19 will simply go the way of its family members and fade into insignificance. I hope my opinion is right as having to wait a year for a vaccine will see very many pubs, clubs, concert halls, restaurants, shops, garages and football clubs go to the wall, never to open again. The British way of life we all know and love will have gone. Here's to fans of all clubs being able to march on together.

Stay safe, one and all.

Makes you wonder, when you stuff like this;

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...5CN?li=AAnZ9Ug

as to how there will EVER be anything remotely resembling "safety" when it comes to food/medicine materials, if people are prepared to do what the article suggests (and that the "market" will satisfy a demand for such "product", then again, it is Amazon after all!)

Oz. My father went through that before passing. One of the biggest changes I have ever seen was Prozac. Changed him almost overnight. Never would have thought of him as depressed.

Not much for big pharma but this was a game changer

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Oz. My father went through that before passing. One of the biggest changes I have ever seen was Prozac. Changed him almost overnight. Never would have thought of him as depressed.

Not much for big pharma but this was a game changer
    Spaldy you may miss interpreted Dementia with depression. A few years ago when is started getting sick and couldn't work ( I was a workaholic) I went into depression and was prescribed Pristiq which is a very similar drug. Yes, it worked wonders as I wasn't angry and calmed me down and nothing bothered me. I noticed after a few years my weight going up and up and as I wasn't eating much food I questioned the dr what could be causing this. He replied Pristiq and unfortunately, he said it's one of the side effects. He said if you believe you're fine now you can stop taking them. I said too right I will but he forgot to mention I had to slowly withdraw it over 2 months
    Well, what happens next after a week not taking it by body started shutting down and was collapsing. The ambulance couldn't even find my blood pressure it was so low and in hospital, I slowly come good send home Drs said nothing wrong with me must have been the heat lol. Anyway, the illness was still there but now I knew when I felt it starting I would go lay down for an hour and I'll come good. After a month of not getting better I went to my pharmacist and said this and this is happening could one of the tablets I'm on be causing it. He said no as I have been on them for years with np. He said did you change any of the medication and me with my memory remembered that I stopped taking Pristiq. That's when I found out I had to go slow with it and finally my illness all made sense and now I'm ok with it.
    Sorry about the long essay but when you mentioned depression I thought I should share it just in case you guys come across such a thing and may help you understand the cause.
    Last edited by ozleeds; 04-05-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Oz- interesting take you gave on tablets ..........

My daughter had two psychotic episodes in three years and in her experience and my view after seeking advice from several medical consultants the use of antidepressants in her illness OCD is common and they are used in Dementia & Alzheimer's too in UK.

Correct diagnosis is critical as originally they said my daughter had mild Schizophrenia which later changed to severe OCD,but nobody explained just how medications effect folks.
    Prozac and Zoloft are common brand antidepressant drugs. Although they have similar effects on the body, their specific uses, side effects, and dosages are different.

Prozac and Zoloft are both selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). This class of medication is among the first options for treating major depressive disorder, which people usually call depression.

Fluoxetine is the generic drug name for Prozac, and sertraline is the generic name for Zoloft.

(I recall reading those taking SSRIs actually saw their heart attack risk go down when compared with those who took no antidepressants of any kind the studies found. Prozac (fluoxetine) seemed particularly protective, in terms of reducing risk for heart attack and irregular heartbeat, the research records also state).

My daughter always appeared dazed and tired when on Zoloft and doubled her weight in 18 months which was horrific.Then she suffered a third psychotic episode after a monthly prescribed lowered dosage - a total nightmare as she had to go back on them again at a higher dosage.

Over the last 2 years she had nearly completed her lowered dosage programme to zero mg - then came Covid 19 lockdown restrictions and she's just about got through it without any mg increase and she is now back to her normal weight and looks terrific and on course to get off them all together.

For her & family it's been tough but to see her medication nearly free after such a long journey back (8 years) and having finally having a correct mental diagnosis on her illness - words just cannot convey so I do understand how you feel and you covered it well.

For anyone who has symptoms of depression please get them checked out and get a correct diagnosis for correct support and correct medication for the individuals diagnosis.

MOT
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 04-05-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Regarding the Restart ............

The Rail safety seats scenario has been again raised at ER I've been informed - now Scum has got 1500 of em.
    https://thefsa.org.uk/news/mancheste...00-rail-seats/

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)