+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Takeover

Here is a twitter link I found a good read to show where the takeover is at and activity on companies house means. Its not fact just a lawyers opinion.

https://twitter.com/RedRoseMichelle/...476619264?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Thanks for putting the link up, usedtobeshearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Here is a twitter link I found a good read to show where the takeover is at and activity on companies house means. Its not fact just a lawyers opinion.

https://twitter.com/RedRoseMichelle/...476619264?s=19
    Useful read.

Cheers.

I get it Geordie, and you’re right about the Chinese etc, nobody owning a club is whiter than white, Joe Lewis who owns Spurs is a really dodgy character with really bad goings on in S/America. The Saudis are trying to clean things up (apart from ordering the odd contract killing and dismembering - Khashoggi), being PC is hard these days, dodgy owners and sponsors, thats not going to change anytime soon, and we need a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Where I can see where you are coming from with the human rights we need to remember these things happened in their country and until the last few years is a way of life. They are trying to improve on that record, I know things have happened but things are starting to happen for the better. What should everyone do, just slag them off for the record they have and then stand in the way of them trying to improve it.
    They have recently allowed women into football games and sporting events over there, they have allowed women to drive. All sound small things but over there it is massive.
    This country has dealt with the Saudis for years and they have been doing deals here and with the UK for years. Why should our club be the one that stands up to them over it.
    Let's see what they bring to the table. I mean all those things happen in their own backyard which they are trying to change. Mike Ashley conducts his disgusting ways in a country that is supposed to be far and away in front in terms of treatment of humans.
    There is Chinese, Russian and Abu Dhabi money in the Premier League and nobody says a word. Their human rights record would be just as bad if it wasn't hidden from the outside world as much as it is. It doesn't matter who the billionaire owner is, the way they reached that status wouldn't be 100 percent legit.

Name:  IMG_20200418_201229.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  98.6 KB

Its happening.

That is mint!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)