+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover

Still not getting excited.

But will open a few cans anyway.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    Ive already added another "bottle of bacardi" to tomorrows shopping list
    oof legend. Bacardi is a drink i used to abuse back in the day, love the stuff. Must be 20+ years since i had it though

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    get it while you can june could be some "panic" buying of alcohol in your area
    Tell you what there will be a panic buying of...season tickets!

I'd LOVE to get my old seat back but there will be so many people wanting to go back...and I'm not talking about bandwagon-jumpers, I'm talking about fans who haven't been for years because of him.

Gonna be a scramble.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Tell you what there will be a panic buying of...season tickets!

I'd LOVE to get my old seat back but there will be so many people wanting to go back...and I'm not talking about bandwagon-jumpers, I'm talking about fans who haven't been for years because of him.

Gonna be a scramble.
    aye wish you luck with that - hopefully you'll get what you want

“You fat c’ockney Bastad,,get out of our club”

All we would need now is for Ashley to buy the Mackems, that would truly be icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    All we would need now is for Ashley to buy the Mackems, that would truly be icing on the cake.
    And Take Brucie with him as their "new" manager!!

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    aye wish you luck with that - hopefully you'll get what you want
    We got our season tickets in the Summer of '92 while me and me best mate were on holiday in Beadnell (caravan with beers, guitars, music and lasses on tap ). I remember us using the phone box on the corner right by the beach and putting the phone down after speaking to the ticket office and us going 'we're in! We'd all been since being kids and being at school together and fancied moving away from the 90's version of the shoes-off brigade and had realised that a lot of the singing was coming from the far end of the Milburn stand There were six of us in the Milburn 'corner' (as in the bottom right corner) overlooking the old Leazes paddock. We sat there until they shifted us into the new level 7. Apart from a couple of seasons where I couldn't afford the ticket (which co-incided with the move), we'd gone to every home game with me mate driving over from the Northwest where he'd moved for work-even in the shittiest weather against shitty opposition. We eventually all managed to get tickets together again in the first of the recent Chimpo seasons and they are still there now. I say 'they'....the irony is that last Summer, as I was taking the stupidly hard decision to cancel my ticket (the others didn't and we've never fallen out over it-we were all individually doing what we thought was the best for the club), my mate was diagnosed with cancer. Even when he wasn't well, he was still a regular contributor to our Whatsapp group and had said that he was cancelling this time round too.

Mark lost his battle in March. He woud have loved to see the day Ashley left and as much as anything, i want to be back in the seat where I sat next to him for so long so I can cheer for Mark as long and loud as he would have liked to.
    Last edited by Zippity; 14-04-2020 at 05:55 PM. Reason: sad fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Don’t be greedy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    We got our season tickets in the Summer of '92 while me and me best mate were on holiday in Beadnell (caravan with beers, guitars, music and lasses on tap ). I remember us using the phone box on the corner right by the beach and putting the phone down after speaking to the ticket office and us going 'we're in! We'd all been since being kids and being at school together and fancied moving away from the 90's version of the shoes-off brigade and had realised that a lot of the singing was coming from the far end of the Milburn stand There were six of us in the Milburn 'corner' (as in the bottom right corner) overlooking the old Leazes paddock. We sat there until they shifted us into the new level 7. Apart from a couple of seasons where I couldn't afford the ticket (which co-incided with the move), we'd gone to every home game with me mate driving over from the Northwest where he'd moved for work-even in the shittiest weather against shitty opposition. We eventually all managed to get tickets together again in the first of the recent Chimpo seasons and they are still there now. I say 'they'....the irony is that last Summer, as I was taking the stupidly hard decision to cancel my ticket (the others didn't and we've never fallen out over it-we were all individually doing what we thought was the best for the club), my mate was diagnosed with cancer. Even when he wasn't well, he was still a regular contributor to our Whatsapp group and had said that he was cancelling this time round too.

Mark lost his battle in March. He woud have loved to see the day Ashley left and as much as anything, i want to be back in the seat where I sat next to him for so long so I can cheer for Mark as long and loud as he would have liked to.
    I hope you get the seat back.

I’ve called from that phone box at Beadnell hundreds of times as spent all my childhood summers there in a cottage between it and the beach!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)