+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A football thread!!!! (Guaranteed Brexit and Virus free...for now!)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    No, Billy Gilmour was born in 2001!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_...r_(footballer)
    ... and some fell on stoney ground.

....... back when football was being played.

We seem to be quite strong in the midfield area and suspect that if the right offer comes along, then one of the youngsters will sold to finance covering a weaker position or just to keep within FFP.

I quite like the story that was published over the weekend regarding clubs gross debt, numbers are care of swiss ramble, don't know what it all really meant but Derby looked good at only £3m gross debt, Forest £39m, Ipswich £96, M'boro £105m, Stoke £141, Blackburn £142m

Full article here

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/spo...2537341?page=6

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Aye...him too! I unwrapped some dahlia bulbs yesterday from when they were lifted in autumn. They’d been wrapped in ‘The i’ sports pages providing reports on United v West Ham and Arsenal v Spurs. It was like an episode from ‘How we used to Live’.
    Strangely I haven't really missed football, but am already missing cricket even though it would not have started yet, and have now had to write off my excessively priced hospitality day at the Open golf too!

Still it might mean that the ghastly "One Hundred" might be delayed for another year. Despite it being my local catchment team to Gloucestershire, there is no way on God's earth that I will support the Welsh Fire. They can **** right off

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I quite like the story that was published over the weekend regarding clubs gross debt, numbers are care of swiss ramble, don't know what it all really meant but Derby looked good at only £3m gross debt, Forest £39m, Ipswich £96, M'boro £105m, Stoke £141, Blackburn £142m

Full article here

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/spo...2537341?page=6

I'd say "Swiss Ramble" is a genius as our accounts for June 2019 have not yet been made public as a 3 month filing extension has been obtained. Therefore this data is at best based on information around 2 years old.

But you get rid of a lot of debt, when you mostly owed it to your owner, and you gave him your ground in lieu of the debt! Even more so if you give it to him at an inflated value.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Strangely I haven't really missed football, but am already missing cricket even though it would not have started yet, and have now had to write off my excessively priced hospitality day at the Open golf too!

Still it might mean that the ghastly "One Hundred" might be delayed for another year. Despite it being my local catchment team to Gloucestershire, there is no way on God's earth that I will support the Welsh Fire. They can **** right off
    Lol...I’d forgotten you of all people got lumbered with ‘Welsh Fire’...ridiculous but very, very funny!

Could be worse...Derbyshire fans have to cope with ‘Trent Rockets’!

What's folks take on this idea apparently being branded about, of you and us being dumped in a Northern division of the Championship?

God knows who thought of this lemon.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-heard-4065611

A forest fan sums it up:

In my experience, around 40 of 46 Championship games per season are utterly turgid anti-football anyway so we'll all live longer for having to watch less of that garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    What's folks take on this idea apparently being branded about, of you and us being dumped in a Northern division of the Championship?

God knows who thought of this lemon.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-heard-4065611
    Depending on when next season can start, it may be the only practical solution to get the following seasons back on track.

If next season can't start until October or later, then you won't be able to 46 games in, but you could split the leagues down to 12 teams and 22 games plus a few more for some kind of play off system. Then it would allow for internationals, cups and for the following seasons to start on time.

Without mentioning either the B or the C words, it's great to see that Bielik has released an Instagram of him kicking a ball again.

Considering that nature of his injury, he seems to getting back to fitness remarkably quickly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)