+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Statement re: DUSF

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    This is is the key point I don't really understand. Why does the collected money need to be secured, why can't it just be given to the club?
    Correct TTT. I thought that was meant be the exact point of the funds raised. Maybe a point Mark Ogren raised himself?

It's hardly the moderators fault this. No way should this thread be deleted. It should be discussed.
    I agree, sorry G but the mods are correct here.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I agree, sorry G but the mods are correct here.
    Of course they are correct but that really is not the point i am making.We win the FN league and shyte like this and the virus top the charts.Its like Thompson is still FN haunting me.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Of course they are correct but that really is not the point i am making.We win the FN league and shyte like this and the virus top the charts.Its like Thompson is still FN haunting me.
    Melancholy always shadows elation mate

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Correct TTT. I thought that was meant be the exact point of the funds raised. Maybe a point Mark Ogren raised himself?
    I think it's fairly obvious that Mark Ogren has taken the hump with the attitude of whoever has been negotiating for DUSF so that's a failure on their part for not recognising this is the way it's going.

Here's some money (that pales into insignificance with what you've already spent and you don't really need) but you can only have it when you agree with DUSF telling you how to spend it. I wonder why this negotiating position failed?

What are DUSF going to do with their money now they can't use it in the way they intended?
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 17-04-2020 at 05:53 AM.

I think it's fairly obvious that Mark Ogren has taken the hump with the attitude of whoever has been negotiating for DUSF so that's a failure on their part for not recognising this is the way it's going.

Here's some money (that pales into insignificance with what you've already spent and you don't really need) but you can only have it when you agree with DUSF telling you how to spend it. I wonder why this negotiating position failed?

What are DUSF going to do with their money now they can't use it in the way they intended?
    The response DUSF statement waffled on a bit but didn’t actually outright deny what appears to have passed so at the moment it’s certainly the Club’s side of the story that appears to be closer to the truth on the surface.

This begs questions, such as ‘What is DUSF’s Ulterior Motives Here’, and ‘Are They Breaking Their Own Constitution’ with these attached caveats to the release of funds?

There should be no issue with DUSF reserving the right to ascertain any monies donated to the Club are spent as agreed and intended but dictating terms in regard to security and, if to be believed, boardroom positions is a ridiculous stance. I think they may be forgetting that, yes they play a major role for the Club, but they don’t own the Club.

This is is the key point I don't really understand. Why does the collected money need to be secured, why can't it just be given to the club?
    Good question - the Foundation is set up to help the club but organised in a way that members can decide what their money gets spent on. Rightly or wrongly in the past fans have put money to the club and it has just gone on whatever. The idea is that fans money can help the club add a project that they may not have funded or even accelerate a project that the Club were thinking about. It's not about running the club and it's not about telling the club what to do. It is about seeing a Foundation as an investor - an investor that doesn't want to make a profit but does want to support the club. Ideas and possibilities were, for example, a large Screen (as opposed to a 30" Toshiba in the Jerry Kerry :-)) there was a thought of rail seats (for safe standing) and a popular option was to improve/develop the Youth Academy. Ultimately the idea is for the club to say what it wants and why and for members to then decide if their money goes on that. Solid assurance is required as in any investment. Look at the outcry when ST sold Gussie after fans' groups had donated £30K+

Quote Originally Posted by massacre65 View Post
    Good question - the Foundation is set up to help the club but organised in a way that members can decide what their money gets spent on. Rightly or wrongly in the past fans have put money to the club and it has just gone on whatever. The idea is that fans money can help the club add a project that they may not have funded or even accelerate a project that the Club were thinking about. It's not about running the club and it's not about telling the club what to do. It is about seeing a Foundation as an investor - an investor that doesn't want to make a profit but does want to support the club. Ideas and possibilities were, for example, a large Screen (as opposed to a 30" Toshiba in the Jerry Kerry :-)) there was a thought of rail seats (for safe standing) and a popular option was to improve/develop the Youth Academy. Ultimately the idea is for the club to say what it wants and why and for members to then decide if their money goes on that. Solid assurance is required as in any investment. Look at the outcry when ST sold Gussie after fans' groups had donated £30K+
    They may not want to profit but they want the money back as they wanted give the club the money via a secured loan?

They may not want to profit but they want the money back as they wanted give the club the money via a secured loan?
    That was one proposal to help the club in the very short term. Subject to members approval of course.
    It's quite normal that if you loan someone money that they repay it? If not - geez a shot of a tenner? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by massacre65 View Post
    That was one proposal to help the club in the very short term. Subject to members approval of course.
    It's quite normal that if you loan someone money that they repay it? If not - geez a shot of a tenner? :-)
    Is a fan's group not really more like a charity?You are essentially donating money to a cause. You may be justified in having a say as to where the money goes, but folk donating to charities don't expect their money back.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)