+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are these new owners?

Who are these new owners?

To be honestly I’ve not followed this take over story because I got sucked into a few before, but it does seem to be happening now.

So who are they? I mean apart from vile head chopping barbarians.

Will they be a petrol nation pouring money in like Man City, PSG? Or Sheffield Utd middle of the road Saudi business man? Perhaps a consortium when a few different owners that will be looking for dividends on their investment?

What are we getting here?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    To be honestly I’ve not followed this take over story because I got sucked into a few before, but it does seem to be happening now.

Will they be a petrol nation pouring money in like Man City, PSG? Or Sheffield Utd middle of the road Saudi business man? Perhaps a consortium when a few different owners that will be looking for dividends on their investment?

Probably somewhere inbetween the two, Phoney.

The days of someone coming in and buying the title like Chelsea, Man U or Man City are gone but from what I've read, they don't want to come in and juast keep things ticking over.

Exciting times once we get to the alternative reality that is a covid 19-free society.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post

Good question and who knows. One thing is they won’t be buying the club to peddle tat and people like this like to be associated with success ( it’s what they’re used to).

The other question is what we would like? Would we want a Man City splurge or a more steady build. It took city little time to build a good team but quite a while to build an excellent one.
    When you look at Everton - they’ve spent sh*t loads and were seriously cr*p till Ancelotti arrived.
    First step for me would be a good manager (sorry Steve) - to get the best out of what we have and invest sensibly (and strongly!) in building the squad over a couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Good question and who knows. One thing is they won’t be buying the club to peddle tat and people like this like to be associated with success ( it’s what they’re used to).

The other question is what we would like? Would we want a Man City splurge or a more steady build. It took city little time to build a good team but quite a while to build an excellent one.
    When you look at Everton - they’ve spent sh*t loads and were seriously cr*p till Ancelotti arrived.
    First step for me would be a good manager (sorry Steve) - to get the best out of what we have and invest sensibly (and strongly!) in building the squad over a couple of seasons.
    Aye, that's a very good point about Everton. Whoever comes in-and it can't be Mrs Doubtfire-has to be able to build a team and know what he's doing, too. The media will hate us for getting rid of their buddy Bruce...but I couldn't care less.

Yes interesting. I don’t think it would cost a billion pound to get into the champions league look at Leicester, a couple of seasons in that would be a different ball game altogether.

Let’s hope

I will be happy with a team that competes, a club that puts the fans first, a united city and fanbase, bairns back in Newcastle shirts instead of Man City and the like and not forgetting seeing Penfold unemployed. Not all about ploughing money in for me. Just give us our club back.

Name:  IMG_20200414_194434.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  46.9 KB

Seems they have a few quid.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    I will be happy with a team that competes, a club that puts the fans first, a united city and fanbase, bairns back in Newcastle shirts instead of Man City and the like and not forgetting seeing Penfold unemployed. Not all about ploughing money in for me. Just give us our club back.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post

^^^ This all day for me.

Wonder when the rumours will start re Rafa's return.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)