+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok here we go:

Ragatino put up a post about Julian Nagelsmann, I liked everything I read/heard about this guy. But in all honestly anyone as long as Bruce is gone. (and when I say anyone I mean anyone except for the lick-spittle, lily livered hoop lickers that we have been lumbered with under Ashlie)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Umm....being absolutely honest?

No, I wouldn't. Don t get me wrong, I love the guy and agree with everything that's been said about the type of man he is...all that.

But....for me, I'd want a manager with a more entertaining, attacking style of football. It will be a new era and I want fresh ideas, different ideas, a different direction. I want someone who would take the game to the opposition, make them worry about us rather than try to counter their strengths first and hope to hit them on the break. If we're talking about building a team like that (well, I am, anyway &#128513 then either Pochettino or someone like him.

Is someone like him realistic? I honestly don't know but these guys will be serious if they do become our new owners so why not.

Rafa is part of our past, not our future.

Sorry. Have I just committed heresy? 😳
    This really...

Don't get me wrong I would still be happy if Rafa was brought back...

Most important is just to get Bruce out the door and to never again see his like at St.James again. ..

No, I wouldn't. Don t get me wrong, I love the guy and agree with everything that's been said about the type of man he is...all that.

But....for me, I'd want a manager with a more entertaining, attacking style of football. It will be a new era and I want fresh ideas, different ideas, a different direction. I want someone who would take the game to the opposition, make them worry about us rather than try to counter their strengths first and hope to hit them on the break. If we're talking about building a team like that (well, I am, anyway &#128513 then either Pochettino or someone like him.

Is someone like him realistic? I honestly don't know but these guys will be serious if they do become our new owners so why not.

Sorry. Have I just committed heresy? 
    Good post, agree completely.

And no, you have not committed heresy For me, it's possible to be a big fan of Rafa and what he did here while also being aware that the football was hideous at times; while in turn not going down the Ghost-road of saying that it was always terrible and that Rafa's a mercenary etc.

Rafa did well for us, and he was a gentleman. Now, as it looks like we might be entering a new era (knock on wood), Allegri or Poch would suit me just fine.

I would also be happy with Nagelsmann.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    This really...

Don't get me wrong I would still be happy if Rafa was brought back...

Most important is just to get Bruce out the door and to never again see his like at St.James again. ..
    Agreed.

I'd be happy with Rafa back to but if we have a chance to actually push on then their are other managers.

Rafa was brilliant and will always be a big figure but as Zip said, he's also in our past.

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    Ragatino put up a post about Julian Nagelsmann, I liked everything I read/heard about this guy. But in all honestly anyone as long as Bruce is gone. (and when I say anyone I mean anyone except for the lick-spittle, lily livered hoop lickers that we have been lumbered with under Ashlie)
    I agree. I watched that youtube video about Nagelsman and he seems an exciting qwerky kind of guy. Reminds me a bit of Klopp who I am a big fan of.

But yeah, anybody but Bruce.

Not quite, but I agree with your points. It's like girlfriends/partners, never the same second time round. K.K. being an example. I know he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip but even the start and momentum weren't the same as his first tenure.

Nagelsman for me as well. His team plays attacking football, will get the place going again like Keegan. Although I don't think the place will need it 1st game back. Staveley and co, in my eyes don't realise what they have done. Wait until they complete and attend the 1st game. They will find out. They will be blown away by the atmosphere.

This for me ^^

Would Poch be anymore attacking than Rafa? Rafa cut his cloth, if he had Ali, Kane, Son, Eriksen I reckon Rafa would have equalled anything Poch did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Would Poch be anymore attacking than Rafa? Rafa cut his cloth, if he had Ali, Kane, Son, Eriksen I reckon Rafa would have equalled anything Poch did.
    Just remember Poch bought Sissoko for 30m quid. I rate Rafa more than Poch as well but we need to move on. Although Rafa with money to build a club from top to bottom must get everyone excited.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)