+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok here we go:

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Just remember Poch bought Sissoko for 30m quid. I rate Rafa more than Poch as well but we need to move on. Although Rafa with money to build a club from top to bottom must get everyone excited.
    Gallardo or Simeone aside.

What appeals to me about Rafa is that he can hit the ground running. He knows the clubs needs, fans trust and love him, he loves the fans - its unfinished business and a good proven fit with pedigree.

There would be no bedding in required and I think moving on does not necessarily mean ruling Rafa out. I'd like to see what he could do with a budget.

Getting rid of Ashley would be moving on enough for me.

I agree. Rafa could only work with what he had. If he’d had the same backing as Mcmuffin or even Bruce then I think we would’ve seen far more attacking and attractive football from him.
    He is very focused and a planner. He realized what he had to work with and put PL survival as number one priority, even to the point of completely shutting up shop in some games to preserve goal difference.
    I agree there are many young managers who play football that’s great to watch but before making comparisons, you need to ser the players they have at hand.
    Few managers are more experienced than Rafa and few understand more about the game. He also knows our club - is weaknesses snd strengths and, importantly, fully understands the relationship between the club and the city.
    I’d love to see him back....and backed!

No thanks to Rafa his football wouldnt improve, Im Hoping its Allegri a winner all the way plays great football and could attract the top quality players, would also like to see Kevin Keegan made life president though as a thank you to all he has done for the club.

Best thing the new owners could do is bring in Keegan in some capacity
    And is have rafa back with a good number 2

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    No thanks to Rafa his football wouldnt improve, Im Hoping its Allegri a winner all the way plays great football and could attract the top quality players, would also like to see Kevin Keegan made life president though as a thank you to all he has done for the club.
    You might get your wish going by the bookies. Allegri was 40/1 yesterday and today he is down to 6/1. Rafa is fav at 3/1

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Gallardo or Simeone aside.

What appeals to me about Rafa is that he can hit the ground running. He knows the clubs needs, fans trust and love him, he loves the fans - its unfinished business and a good proven fit with pedigree.

There would be no bedding in required and I think moving on does not necessarily mean ruling Rafa out. I'd like to see what he could do with a budget.

Getting rid of Ashley would be moving on enough for me.
    ^^^^ This for me too, Rafa ticks most of the boxes and I think if he was given the tools he could have Newcastle buzzing again.

A world class manager needs world class training facilities. Darsley park needs sorting asap !

Allegri odds are slashed down. He is the one.

Quote Originally Posted by liikape View Post
    Allegri odds are slashed down. He is the one.
    I think that's great. Certainly wouldn't mind having Rafa, but I think we need a new chapter in our history and for me that should be with a new manager with a new system. Allegri fits the bill.

How mental is it, though, that we can actually talk about names like Allegri coming here with a straight face!!

But even as I write that, I'm thinking 'the PL better not fuck this up for us'!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)