+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Season over?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Of course, as I mentioned there would need to be some testing strategy implemented to allow any kind of BCD solution and there would need to be an accepted percentage of negative results from both squads for it to be fair to play a game.

Players contracts is of course a big issue.

Regarding having a plan we would be looking at option 5? Then we are back to the player contracts issue.

The other option would be to postpone the season until a vaccine is readily available which could mean no more football for possibly a year or more?
    A plan would not necessarily have to mean no. 5.

I don't think there will be supporters watching live until at least October. Nor as I have said before would I be totally against bringing this season to an end (depending on when it could be restarted) and play a proper season next year. In the whole scheme of things it's not that important.

Could they just do PPG to settle the final positions and then a staight one off play off for promotion/relegation ie leeds v nowich wba v villa and so on, it doesnt do much fo Notts but thats tough ****** we should have been better earlier in the season.
    Minimum number of games and everyone gets a fair crack at promotion/saving themselves from relegation

How can you end a season 80% completed to then start a new one you cant be certain to finish either ?

The 4 leagues above us wanna finish the season so im guessing we will follow what they are doing....dont forget we are in front of them as well as our season finishes before them so no need to rush anything.

Obviously if the virus gets completely out of control then sport around the world is done and that will be a sad day for billions.

Latest from BBC Sport on Prem, EFL etc...

"Lower down the football pyramid in England, the EFL has sent a letter to clubs recommending they return to training on 16 May at the earliest.

The EFL has not discussed a league restart date with the government but told clubs: "Our planning needs to be agile enough to allow us to be as prepared as possible for a start at relatively short notice."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52326617

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I've seen on twitter that we've dug up the pitch, is this a sign the season is over? Going to take a good 6 weeks to get it back to playing conditions so that's the start of June at the earliest?
    With nearly 15000 people having already sadly passed away due this dreadful disease, I think your question is totally irrelevant as it is of little if any importance.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Could they just do PPG to settle the final positions and then a staight one off play off for promotion/relegation ie leeds v nowich wba v villa and so on, it doesnt do much fo Notts but thats tough ****** we should have been better earlier in the season.
    Minimum number of games and everyone gets a fair crack at promotion/saving themselves from relegation
    Sorry, this is utter tripe. Teams deserve to be where they finish after playing each team twice. Notts has a double bubble to deal with, relegation and being bought at the 11th hour. To be third with 9 games to go. Had this been the Munro season...

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Sorry, this is utter tripe. Teams deserve to be where they finish after playing each team twice. Notts has a double bubble to deal with, relegation and being bought at the 11th hour. To be third with 9 games to go. Had this been the Munro season...
    ... we'd be climbing up and down yon hills, glens and round the lochs.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    With nearly 15000 people having already sadly passed away due this dreadful disease, I think your question is totally irrelevant as it is of little if any importance.
    As usual from you, what a complete and utter load of bollox. We are all aware that sport pales into insignificance compared to what is happening in the world, but there has to be some sort of conclusion at the end of this. Are we not allowed to discuss that conclusion, whatever it turns out to be? Maybe because coronavirus has shown us that sport is only a distraction we should totally end it in all it's forms.

We must be one of the few clubs in the Cinerama who could practice ''social distancing'' and still all have a seat each. Getting in and out the ground might be a problem tho.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post

So why are you logging in to a football message board you callous b@stard?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast