+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alok Sharma

typical labour lovers

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    typical labour lovers
    Typical Tory lover

typical labour lovers
    You want to argue with this ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Peston/st...455875/photo/1

The lack of PPE is a global problem.
    Is it just a coincidence that hospitals are short of PPE since the campaign to supply care homes with it?
    The public demanded care homes be supplied and this is the result.
    Most of us on here are 60+ and I doubt many of us have elderly parents alive.
    Nobody has more respect for Tom Moore's generation than me. He stands for all the values my parents drilled into me.
    But, the cruel reality is a large percentage of care home residents will die in the next few years. Many of them are lonely and rarely get visits, many have dementia and don't know what's going on. Obviously this doesn't mean they deserve to be abandoned but they shouldn't be a priority either.
    Using the popular war time analogy difficult life costing decisions have to be made.
    Social media has made government impossible. Every word of every speech is analysed and thrown back at them and taken the wrong way whenever possible. Everyone has an agenda. It's like Monica Rose is stood next to them with a gong (I'm sure some of you remember Double Your Money? I saw Matt Hanc0ck being slaughtered again today for mentioning footballer's pay. As I remember he didn't bring it up, he was asked his opinion and gave an honest answer that most of the public agreed with. More fool him.
    People want an exit date from lock down. Why? If it's too soon half the population won't be happy. If it's too distant the other half won't be happy, and when it's missed, everyone will be happy.
    They made the mistake of saying 100,000 tests per day will be achieved by the end of the month. Now every day they're goaded about not achieving it.
    Back to the war. Can you imagine Churchill being grilled?
    Mr Churchill, isn't it disgraceful that our Home Guard only have broom handles to train with?
    How come the Germans are better prepared than us? They've got 5 times as many tanks, and 10 times more planes. What do you propose to do about it? Mr Churchill I'm sure you've seen the terrible conditions our boys on the front line are having to put up with. Do you think it acceptable?
    Do you agree that the death toll from the London air raids are unacceptable, and how do you propose to re-house all those that have lost their homes?
    Mr Churchill are you aware that there's a disproportionate number of black and Asian troops losing their lives?
    I tell you what. This country would have surrendered in weeks if the public were aware of what was going on, and the government's every move questioned.
    I saw the shadow minister for mental health interviewed this morning. Everything was a disgrace, the government should be ashamed. When they asked her what she would do, or how she would have prepared she kept repeating the same old drivel. Not once did she answer the question.
    There's some pathetic politicians on both sides but i wouldn't swap places with any of them.

we don't make the PPE so have to fight with other countries to get them.
    nursing homes say there short of PPE yet 80%+ are privately owned so its down to the owners to buy the PPE not the NHS yet you lot blame the government for their shortage.

Just like this pandemic yb this country watched Germany re-arm in the 30's & just like this pandemic did nowt about it until Poland was invaded
    Quite a few similarities don't you think?
    But when we needed to pre-war, the gov't mobilised the country to produce what we needed, have you noticed any such mobilisation during this crisis?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 18-04-2020 at 04:14 PM.

nursing homes say there short of PPE yet 80%+ are privately owned so its down to the owners to buy the PPE not the NHS yet you lot blame the government for their shortage.
    Some of us don't blame the government for the present shortage, we blame them for not responding to the results of a pandemic study carried out on their behalf in 2016 which advised we should stockpile PPE for a future inevitable pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    The lack of PPE is a global problem.
    Is it just a coincidence that hospitals are short of PPE since the campaign to supply care homes with it?
    The public demanded care homes be supplied and this is the result.
    Most of us on here are 60+ and I doubt many of us have elderly parents alive.
    Nobody has more respect for Tom Moore's generation than me. He stands for all the values my parents drilled into me.
    But, the cruel reality is a large percentage of care home residents will die in the next few years. Many of them are lonely and rarely get visits, many have dementia and don't know what's going on. Obviously this doesn't mean they deserve to be abandoned but they shouldn't be a priority either.
    Using the popular war time analogy difficult life costing decisions have to be made.
    Social media has made government impossible. Every word of every speech is analysed and thrown back at them and taken the wrong way whenever possible. Everyone has an agenda. It's like Monica Rose is stood next to them with a gong (I'm sure some of you remember Double Your Money? I saw Matt Hanc0ck being slaughtered again today for mentioning footballer's pay. As I remember he didn't bring it up, he was asked his opinion and gave an honest answer that most of the public agreed with. More fool him.
    People want an exit date from lock down. Why? If it's too soon half the population won't be happy. If it's too distant the other half won't be happy, and when it's missed, everyone will be happy.
    They made the mistake of saying 100,000 tests per day will be achieved by the end of the month. Now every day they're goaded about not achieving it.
    Back to the war. Can you imagine Churchill being grilled?
    Mr Churchill, isn't it disgraceful that our Home Guard only have broom handles to train with?
    How come the Germans are better prepared than us? They've got 5 times as many tanks, and 10 times more planes. What do you propose to do about it? Mr Churchill I'm sure you've seen the terrible conditions our boys on the front line are having to put up with. Do you think it acceptable?
    Do you agree that the death toll from the London air raids are unacceptable, and how do you propose to re-house all those that have lost their homes?
    Mr Churchill are you aware that there's a disproportionate number of black and Asian troops losing their lives?
    I tell you what. This country would have surrendered in weeks if the public were aware of what was going on, and the government's every move questioned.
    I saw the shadow minister for mental health interviewed this morning. Everything was a disgrace, the government should be ashamed. When they asked her what she would do, or how she would have prepared she kept repeating the same old drivel. Not once did she answer the question.
    There's some pathetic politicians on both sides but i wouldn't swap places with any of them.
    If you want to go down the war angle Hodger then it's worth remembering that at the outbreak in 1939 the country had Neville Chamberlain leading the country .

He was fecking useless and so was got rid of and the country went into a coalition headed by Churchill and aided by Attlee .

It was just as well we did as it turned out because the way Chamberlain was going about the crisis we would have lost the war and more lives would have been sacrificed .

The point is people not up to the task were got rid of and the country utilised it political resources for the common good across both divides .

Instead we are governed by a group of morons whose only attribute to be in the cabinet is to be a brexiteer and to have voted for Johnson to become leader of the Tory Party .

It's a government that were voted in by the electorate on one mandate and one mandate only which was to leave the EU .

There was nothing else .

We hang by a thread , the body count is racking up and shows no signs of a decline .

I repeat .

What were you doing in February Mr Johnson ?

It is the Govt through Public Health England that included Care Homes within the national procurement system. They distribute PPE to Care Homes through Local Authority Local Resilience Centres after submitting a request for PPE on the Central Govt Database. NHS hospitals were given priority for the supplies until pressure from the public about the lack of stuff in the Care sector caused them to be included.
    Whether they are privately owned or Local Authority owned has nowt to do with it.

Sorry if the facts get in the way of your argument.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-04-2020 at 04:43 PM.

It was Jenricks turn to stand at the lectern today.

Jenricks main residence is in London. He works there, his wife works there, his children go to school there, they spend the vast majority of the year there. He has a substantial country home in Herefordshire. When the Coronavirus outbreak was taking hold in London and schools were closed his family went to their country home.
    Jenrick now claims it was within the rules for him to travel to his second home "because his family were already there". He further claims it was within the rules for him to drive a further 40 miles to deliver medicines to his parents rather than rely on local pharmacy deliveries. "It's what everybody would do for their parents".
    Stay at Home
    No Unnecessary Travel
    Do as I Say, Not as I Do.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-04-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast