+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T PPE shipment from Turkey

Did tha see the graph line of global deaths at Hancock's half hour yisterdi Jules.

Our line for deaths is rising steeper than other equivalent European countries including Germany.
    Our CV cases have risen dramatically since we started testing at European levels

Germany Deaths risen from 6147 to 6632 in last 3 days, population 83 mill
    UK Deaths risen from 21,468 to 27,510 in last 3 days, population 65 mill

CV Cases Germany 163,162 having fully tested from beginning of outbreak (the more you test, the more cases you'll find)
    CV Cases UK 177,454 having only "ramped up" testing in last few days (look art fo this figure of cases found rocketing )

I would suggest when all this is looked at in a few months time the German experience will be far better than ours, if any of this can be said to be "better".

Next week Johnson is being pressured to ease the UK lockdarn, let's hope the Tory business interests don't push him too far.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 02-05-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Don’t think we should be lifting much at all. Lockdown for me HAS to stay for another month at least. Personally, I’ll be going nowhere near pubs and gatherings until a good while after it’s lifted.

Tha wo reyt Ziles reyt from start of this.

Announced ovvaneet that all of the 400,000 gowns eventually shipped by the RAF from Turkey are sub standard, not meeting minimum safety regulations, and cannot be used. They have been impounded in a British warehouse as not fit for purpose.

After all the fanfare and the lies that they were arriving that day when they weren't we now find we ev been stitched up by a Turkish Del Boy. Thadda thought sumdi from our "world leading procurement staff working night and day" wuddav opened one box before they were loaded in Turkey to check they were o'reyt. A thought Lord Deighton worron top of all this.

Tha cuddant mek it up.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 07-05-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Announced ovvaneet that all of the 400,000 gowns eventually shipped by the RAF from Turkey are sub standard, not meeting minimum safety regulations, and cannot be used. They have been impounded in a British warehouse as not fit for purpose.

After all the fanfare and the lies that they were arriving that day when they weren't we now find we ev been stitched up by a Turkish Del Boy. Thadda thought sumdi from our "world leading procurement staff working night and day" wuddav opened one box before they were loaded in Turkey to check they were o'reyt. A thought Lord Deighton worron top of all this.

Tha cuddant mek it up.
    I once walked out to bat without an arm guard or thigh pad. Captain asked me why I didn't protect those areas. I told him I intended hitting the ball with my bat.

Masks protect patients more than they do front line NHS staff. Gowns protect you from what exactly? I work for the NHS and a lot of this PPE argument is a placebo to try and make staff "feel" safer when in fact they could take their PPE off and get coughed on during their walk to the can****.

If they rely on public transport infection is being transmitted from one area to another without trace. I was off work with suspected Covid-19 and haven't even been tested.

We're just numbers. It's sad but true and I wish I could be furloughed. All I'm doing by manning a reception desk travelling form Rotherham to Pontefract is increasing my risk of early death.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Tha cuddant mek it up.
    Words fail me !!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-uk-standards

My sister and her husband bought a villa in Turkey.
    First night there we went out for a meal and we all marvelled at my brother in law's impressive watch.
    He said it only cost him a tenner.
    He went to take it off to let us feel how heavy it was and it fell to bits.
    I went to the shop and told him my brother in law had sent me and he steered to one out of dozens of cabinets.
    He said 'All the rest are ****, I keep telling your brother in law they're **** but he buys them anyway'.
    I wouldn't trust the Turks with anything.
    My brother in law died 5 years ago and my sister still can't sell the villa.
    Women have no standing in Turkey, everything defaults to the man.
    She's spent thousands on solicitors and getting legal documents translated from the Turkish Embassy.
    She can wait for an hour to see the bank manager, and if a man comes in he goes in front of her in the queue.
    Last edited by Hodger1957; 07-05-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456