+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The various 'supporters organisations'?

The various 'supporters organisations'?

With the recent goings on with the DUSF (I peeked at their website), how many actual organisations is there, is there any leadership in common, how much have they actually raised, how much has been donated, how much do they have in their bank accounts?

Theres plenty of questions and I am sure some self interest by forum members but accountability should also be plain to see.

It’s starting to smack of over the road and their days of the DFCSSSSSSSS and the DBSC and the DSA etc etc etc and how some of those groups were more equal than others. Laughable.

Too many if you ask me. Some are involved in many groups as members, some have been rejected and memberships not accepted from many but mostly the main people at the helm are only involved in that one organisation, I say mostly but i can think of one person who's involved in pretty much them all sure he even applied for United ladies

To find out the details of what they've raised, donated and cash sitting at bank you'd need to contact their chair directly, doubt you'd get that information on here mate

To be fair up till recently theres been zero talk of any fans groups as there hasn't been a need to, they've all went about their business quietly. Not even sure Fans United are still a thing?

The club have caused this by going public.

Surely the issue is an " over use " of fans to raise cash basically causing a middle man.

Believe United are trying to set up scheme similar to Aberdeen where a direct debit payment gives fans various discounts of season ticket prices and a free ticket etc. Seems to be £18 a month. When discounts removed benefit to club about £120 per year per person.

If you think about if you run a company would you rather a friendly benafactor gave you some needed revenue direct or through a third party who wanted to negotiate how you got it.

I absolutely accept that the fans have got to see the board using money correctly but right now I would have great faith in the board to use the money for the benefit of United.

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post
    I absolutely accept that the fans have got to see the board using money correctly but right now I would have great faith in the board to use the money for the benefit of United.
    Whilst I understand the sentiment of what you’re saying, if there is one lesson I’ve taken from the last 5 years is the importance to always maintain a polite, but healthy, holding to account of any of the Club’s custodians. I used to think Stephen Thompson could do no wrong until he was outed as ‘The Snake’ and by then it was far, far too late and too many of us fell into that particular trap. And we have all paid a collective price for it subsequently big time.

There may well be an element of this with DUSF currently but on the face of it this seems to be going against their own constitution by (allegedly) tying in the release of funds to exchange of shares etc. Be firm, yes, on asking for guarantees and future evidence of funds released being spent as agreed, but I don’t think you can ask for it to be linked to any other ‘benefits’. On the face of it that seems completely contrary to what it’s meant to be in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post
    Surely the issue is an " over use " of fans to raise cash basically causing a middle man.

Believe United are trying to set up scheme similar to Aberdeen where a direct debit payment gives fans various discounts of season ticket prices and a free ticket etc
    . Seems to be £18 a month. When discounts removed benefit to club about £120 per year per person.

If you think about if you run a company would you rather a friendly benafactor gave you some needed revenue direct or through a third party who wanted to negotiate how you got it.

I bought into The Foundation as they set it up in the event of the club going tits up, it was a fighting fund to help given how the club was being run at the time.

Now we appear to be in safer hands i'm happy for my money to be used to support quantifiable projects at the club.

I don't see the benefit in the bit in bold, so just taking it at face value.

If I give United £18 a month, I don't want a free ticket, that's no use to me, I don't want a discount or percentage off of my season ticket, I want £18 off the price for every £18 I give them.

So that's essentially buying the next season's season ticket in advance.

If the club want a to create a fund/pot of cash raised by fans for when times are tight, then maybe the club should be considering how much money is going out the door.

I can't go to Asda every week, spend £100 on shopping if i've only got £85 , then stand outside shaking a tin to make up the difference.

I accept that the current situation is outwith all our controls, but as a general idea, I think it's a no goer.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)