+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 82 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'm fairly certain it wont cost £25M to upgrade on Connelly or Reynolds tbh.
    I wasn't really making that point though. It was more in reference to me saying that the best defenders in the world will cynically foul players when the need arises, which it Undoubtedly will.

People consistently bang on about our need for a player who can beat a man but when one of our defenders gets skinned they are up in arms and slating the defence. We are not and are never going to be the best team in this division. We operate in a limited market when it comes to who we can afford and who we can attract to the club. Connolly is part of the best central defensive partnership we've had in the last 5/6 seasons, settle down and don't expect perfection. If defenders were all world class and never got skinned, or outpaced or just occasionally ****ed up then football would be pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I wasn't really making that point though. It was more in reference to me saying that the best defenders in the world will cynically foul players when the need arises, which it Undoubtedly will.

People consistently bang on about our need for a player who can beat a man but when one of our defenders gets skinned they are up in arms and slating the defence. We are not and are never going to be the best team in this division. We operate in a limited market when it comes to who we can afford and who we can attract to the club. Connolly is part of the best central defensive partnership we've had in the last 5/6 seasons, settle down and don't expect perfection. If defenders were all world class and never got skinned, or outpaced or just occasionally ****ed up then football would be pretty boring.
    Fair enough. If you're happy with Connelly and Reynolds, then that's up to you. I'd rather we had better.

"settle down" 😂😂😂....... Coming from one of the angriest posters in the history of Dundee Utd football forums, I think I'll pass on that advice. Thanks all the same. 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Fair enough. If you're happy with Connelly and Reynolds, then that's up to you. I'd rather we had better.

"settle down" 😂😂😂....... Coming from one of the angriest posters in the history of Dundee Utd football forums, I think I'll pass on that advice. Thanks all the same. 👍🏼
    Aye Ok whatever you say 👍

Connolly is part of the best central defensive partnership we've had in the last 5/6 seasons,
    I take it last season when Watson took his place and we went on our title winning run has been forgotten about? Surely Watson was part of tne best defensive partnership we've seen in the past 5/6 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I take it last season when Watson took his place and we went on our title winning run has been forgotten about? Surely Watson was part of tne best defensive partnership we've seen in the past 5/6 seasons?
    I thought you were ignoring my posts 😂

Arguably, any time that Connolly is out the team, Butcher or Watson made a better partnership with Reynolds!

I thought you were ignoring my posts ��
    I try my best to ignore you but had to ask about Watson who was far superior to any defender we had last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Arguably, any time that Connolly is out the team, Butcher or Watson made a better partnership with Reynolds!
    not arguably Chick, thats a GB style FACT. Someone posted the results and goals against with Connolly in the team vs out the team last season. Stats dont lie

I try my best to ignore you but had to ask about Watson who was far superior to any defender we had last season.
    You need to try harder then 👍

You need to try harder then ��
    so you're not going to answer RE: Watson no?

Page 82 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)