+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 64 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by no1arabbelfast View Post

I dread when we play Celtic and Newco.
    No waving of white flags here but those are glamour and win or lose we should have a ball.
    We shouldn't dread any game but we do need to concentrate on the bread n butter games that really matter.
    I said previously the run of games from Sep to early Nov are so important and will define our season, the games v Celts/Gers won't

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    I'm not second guessing anything though? I'm literally saying that it will be good to have some competition in the wide position...
    Not a criticism, I agree, and expect some surprises, perhaps wingers will play wide and forwards will hunt in pairs :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I don't agree you need players to 'rotate' in positions. We want a settled team with cover. We don't want to be rotating players just because we have options. We also have Freeman whose just signed a 2 year deal so currently have three right backs at the club, (assuming that's where MM sees him playing). Still, and back to my original point, the signing of Bolton means that one of Smith or McMullan is going to be on the sidelines a lot more this season than last.

I haven't seen any videos of Bolton on the left, which would suggest he's not quite as interchangeable as you suggest. He played all of last season as a full back and full backs don't generally switch sides. May be wrong however.
    There will be more games coming in quick succession this season, due the covid etc. so think some level of rotation will be required more tha normal.

I think the way we thought tooth and nail to keep Neilson probably shows that the big bosses probably agreed with the fans perception that some of the football not to the standard expected. I also think once the nonsense with hertz is over we will see some movement into the transfer

Quote Originally Posted by skarne1 View Post
    I think the way we thought tooth and nail to keep Neilson probably shows that the big bosses probably agreed with the fans perception that some of the football not to the standard expected. I also think once the nonsense with hertz is over we will see some movement into the transfer
    I think the squad is very unbalanced

We have loads of players whose best position is as striker or behind the strikers

We have no real wide players except mcmullan and sporle is he is playing more forward.

We don’t have enough centre backs

Makes total sense to be bringing in the young lad from Man City as a winger

Greg Stewart rumours are growing...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    So long as they leave Sir Lawrence out of any negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Loan or permanent?

He was a shining light for the Dees, disappeared doon sooth and i cant say he has been that good at The Rankgers. He did play well for Killie and Aberdeen at times, but will he do it for us?

Cannae wait if we do sign him for that banter!

No chance will Rangers do us a favour

Stewart could be decent signing , surely no at the expense of Shankland tho

Page 64 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)