+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 89 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Apparently the issue with Norwood is that because of the new salary cap that's been introduced, letting him leave would make next to no financial sense for Ipswich. He's on a reported £6K a week plus bonuses but if he was sold, they could only afford to replace him with a £2K player. A loan deal also makes no financial sense for them either.
    I read he's also nowhere near ready to play. Much as I think he can be really useful at this level provided he gets fit and stays fit, I can't help thinking that with Shankland still out we should be trying to find someone who is ready to play. Not that that will be easy with the way football is at the moment, lower leagues not played for months so anyone we can afford may well be in a similar state of fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I read he's also nowhere near ready to play. Much as I think he can be really useful at this level provided he gets fit and stays fit, I can't help thinking that with Shankland still out we should be trying to find someone who is ready to play. Not that that will be easy with the way football is at the moment, lower leagues not played for months so anyone we can afford may well be in a similar state of fitness.
    Yeah, it would be crazy to sign a player on loan then have to wait 2 months before they could play. A permanent deal is different though.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, it would be crazy to sign a player on loan then have to wait 2 months before they could play. A permanent deal is different though.
    Yeah, of course I can fully understand Micky wanting to work with him again as it was very successful in the past, just doesn't really seem ideal right now. I can't see a permanent deal happening due to wages though, he'd be more likely to look abroad for that reason I think.

"Guingamp are considering a £2.5million bid for Scotland and Dundee United star Lawrence Shankland".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...p-sam-22548819

Bathered.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    "Guingamp are considering a £2.5million bid for Scotland and Dundee United star Lawrence Shankland".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...p-sam-22548819

Bathered.
    If the move wasn’t good enough for Cosgrove then it’s not good enough for Shankland. He’s got an international career to think about and his mrs is due with his first kid soon so can’t him dragging them to France.

He’s here until at least January imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    If the move wasn’t good enough for Cosgrove then it’s not good enough for Shankland. He’s got an international career to think about and his mrs is due with his first kid soon so can’t him dragging them to France.

He’s here until at least January imo.
    In an ideal world we have Shankland until next summer, he plays a full season in the top league, gets us goals to let us do well and then leaves with our collective best wishes. BUT, this is football and after all anything can happen as we all know too well from the events of the night of Monday 1st February 2015. However, I would very much hope that although it wasn’t on their watch, the new owners are acutely aware of the effects that those moments of madness collectively had on the Club and its supporters. Effects that even yet we are still recovering from.

So I hope they are sensible about this. I would suggest no selling at all right now and come January, sell only if the money is top dollar (and I mean top dollar, not the scraps from the table Septic chucked our way that infamous night) AND crucially the Club is in a healthy position in the League with no threat of relegation hovering.

Was there not a story of some club (Stoke?) putting together a £3million bid in January, which Prompted Mark Ogren to to say definitively that we'd be looking for more than that? Surely £2.5million wouldn't even be considered if that was the case? Or has the whole covid thing put a new slant on the transfer market?

Story is utter pants.
    No one from France can come here, without 2 weeks isolation.
    No one can travel and come back without the same.

To be fair the french would probably understand what he’s saying better than we can

"Big English clubs take an interest in young Dundee United star Lewis Neilson"

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...lewis-neilson/

Page 89 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)