+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (3)

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Howdy does it with his claims to save businesses. People will sit up and think wow this guy must know what he's talking about. It's a means to gain power on this board and give credibility to what they are saying. Some are fooled by this but thankfully most are not.
    You're at it again Roly. Nevermind eh?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    But you apparently think nothing of posters trying to put down other people’s opinions by accusing them of being ‘multis’ and being dishonest about their occupations ? That’s ok in your books to the point where you jump on the coat tails of posters who behave like that? And then you play the victim? Don't you think that is a bit pathetic?

I used to have a side line of representing people in Mental Health Tribunals – remunerative, but not very satisfying. Anyway, a Dr at one tribunal told me that I should not tolerate poor behaviour from my client just because he was mentally ill. I tend to apply that advice across my life now. If Mikey or you choose to behave like idiots, you really shouldn’t be surprised if I point it out to you.

I have no idea what the Trump loser comment reference is about.
    Still no answer

You have obviously totally misunderstood the points I have made about gaining power and credibility on this site by those comments you have just made haven't you? You have just proved to other readers what I mean. Have a good read thru and see what I mean...and yet I know what you will say in reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    This
    When you qualify to become a lawyer you must surely receive a diploma/certificate /document of some sort [you know the one you place usually framed strategically in your office] so tell us all what it's called so as to avoid any confusion
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...yh7QBTb7-gEosL

If I keep reading the threads on here I think I'll be ready for that 'super exam' in September 2021

Meanwhile sadly in the ' real world ' ...288 more added to the death toll and...' Test, track and trace ' is on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Yes. It’s like you can see the dots but can’t join them to see the picture.

You correctly raise the issue of a comparison between average number of stories of buildings in London v Auckland, but fail to see that is an indication of population density within those cities.

Let me put it this way for you. If you were a public health official and had a choice of an epidemic in a country with a population density of, say, the UK and where very large settlements were minutes apart by train or car, or a country with a much lower population density, say that of New Zealand's - being almost 78% uninhabited - and where fairly small settlements were spread much further apart such that flying was the only practical means of travel between some of them, which would you go for as being likely to produce the higher death rate?
    I get all that, not disputing that.

I'm making the point that overall population density of a country is a rather blunt tool for comparison and that if I was a public health official I'd probably focus on more meaningful metrics. I apologise if that message got lost.

I've not for a second suggested we have it the same as New Zealand, of course we have it easier. I'm just throwing caution to dismissing any comparison out of hand on the basis of metrics that don't tell a full story.

Washington State here in the US was one of the first impacted and if memory serves me right we went into mandated lock down on the same day as the UK although by that time many large companies were already advising those who could to stay at home and work there. Restrictions are starting to ease but slowly, a 4 phase approach is being touted, each phase of 3 weeks.

With regards population density we are at 103/sq mile compared to the UK's 701/sq mile. Population wise we are 7.5M compared to the UK's 66M. Deaths are around 850 (1 per 9,000 capita) here compared to 29,000 (1 per 2,250 capita) there. So UK has 7x the population density but 4x the death rate. Draw your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Pretty much where I am
    Two events within a few days of each other have led me to examine my political views .

Firstly a left leaning Labour Party were routed by a half wit armed with nothing more than a three word slogan , what does that say about my view of the world ? ...... not a great deal it would seem .

Secondly my first grandson was born and I promised him that I would do whatever it took to give him the opportunity to have a good start in life , he wasn't exactly receptive at the time given he was less than an hour old but you get my drift raging .

I deduced that a lifetime protesting wasn't exactly working out the way I'd planned , apparently this is supposed to disappear around 30 years of age but that clearly passed me by as I'm 59 in a weeks time , better late than never I suppose .

My grandson would be better served with at least 3 or 4 consecutive Labour election victories and given my own political preferences that's only likely to lead to 3 or 4 consecutive Tory shoe in's on top of the decade we've just had .

Something clearly has to change .

A few nights ago I watched Alistair Campbell on YouTube addressing The Oxford Union , this took place shortly after Corbyn had cut the Tory majority down to zilch and he was riding a bit of a wave at the time .

Campbell wasn't having any of it

The first thing he did as he started his address was to ask the bright young Oxford things two questions .

" How many of you think Corbyn can win a General Election "

Around 5% put their hand up .

He then asked

" How many of you want to see a Labour government "

About 60% raised their hands .

It was a simple exercise but mightily effective and more so when he said that the students in the hall were politically aware which they were or why would they be there to start with , so if that's the case at the Oxford Union how does that replicate with the electorate who only take in around 10% of what's actually going on in the political world .

It was fascinating to watch .

The point is Campbell knows how to win and other than the Blair years I'm not entirely convinced Labour has ever known how to win and win and win yet again .

He was far from convinced Corbyn even wanted to win at all , far too many in the party happy to have clout in the Labour Movement but none too bothered about government .

Ive given that some thought over the last few days and to be honest I think he's right .

Blair and New Labour were ruthless in the pursuit of power and became winners , they nearly put the Tories out of business altogether .

I'm rambling now so I'll leave it there , food for thought though matey .

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yes spot on exile. It gives you a certain credibility on here to hint you are in the legal trade. If Kerr had hinted he was a bus driver his opinion would not carry the same weight for a lot on here. It's the kempo I'm a doctor scenario again isn't it and probably why mikemiller thinks Kerr is a kempo character.
    Roly, Excile has never been “spot on” in any of his posts, the guys a serial chaser of Kerr, he exists only to argue with him.

Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast