+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's getting close, ladies and gentlemen

It's getting close, ladies and gentlemen

By all accounts I can find in the online media, takeover is just a Premier League permission away.

Aye.

Apparently so.

I'm still so nervous about it being taken away from us last minute.

If it was just a question of patience, I'd be fine, Hughie. I just wish I could share Geordie's confidence that the PL won't knock us back.

(yeah, I know all the stuff you've pointed out is good logic, Geordie, but since when have NUFC and logic ever gone together )

Agree with you both. I want to see it signed and sealed before I raise my arms - but when, if, it happens I'll be opening a beer, even if I'm supposed to be "working"

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    If it was just a question of patience, I'd be fine, Hughie. I just wish I could share Geordie's confidence that the PL won't knock us back.

(yeah, I know all the stuff you've pointed out is good logic, Geordie, but since when have NUFC and logic ever gone together )
    From the news this morning and knowing about the Ruebens and the location of their investments, it looks like the buying of the club is only part of a portfolio for wider investment in the region.
    With the governments stated aim to concentrate more on the north (and after the region’s election support of the current government) I think the government would be livid if the PL blocked this.

This all looks very good for the club and the city.

Aye, that's a good point. There are few places where the Club and the City are so synonymous with each other and the knock-on effect of a successful NUFC will be huge-not least for the spirit of the place.

i feel like I'm close to getting something I love back that I haven't had for years.

Apparently Ashley wanted to make done deal announcement last week but the Saudies said wait until it's approved.

Wonder if we'll get one of his woe-is-me interviews with one of his media buddies talking about how he only ever wanted the best for the club but that our expectations were too high.

To be honest, he could just get one of the loons on Clowns 'r' Us to write his script.

I am confident it will go through because of who it is. Come on, they will have looked at the directors test before getting this far and know for a fact they will pass it. Does anyone honestly believe they would have paid millions for the deposit if there was a chance they would get knocked back.
    The fallout for knocking them back would go much further than the Premier League. It won't happen. Its in the bag. Sit back, wait and get pěssed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Wonder if we'll get one of his woe-is-me interviews with one of his media buddies talking about how he only ever wanted the best for the club but that our expectations were too high.

To be honest, he could just get one of the loons on Clowns 'r' Us to write his script.
    The jealousy oozing from that site.

Beautiful.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)