+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was just wondering how many

I was just wondering how many

professional clubs will there be left in Scotland at the end of this pandemic?.My thoughts are that Hearts may not need to worry about reconstruction or relegation.

The chances of clubs having fans in their stadiums this year is not looking very good,even behind closed doors the government are concerned that fans would gather together to watch them on TV.

I would imagine that big English clubs will survive with behind closed doors football due to their TV deal and sponsorship,i am not so sure about Scottish clubs though as we are very dependant on gate money and a good few of our clubs give over large chunks of their stadiums to the Old Firm.

If i was to look on the bright side what may happen in the future is stadiums open up to home supporters with a season ticket only that have had the virus already,are in the younger age group and are not in a high risk category like myself and Terence.They would be spread over all parts of the stadium.

We really need a vaccine or a miracle cure drug long before the time they are projecting or i can see a good few clubs in Scotland,England and abroad going to the wall.My main concern of course is Dundee United but i hope the Dees and many others survive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    professional clubs will there be left in Scotland at the end of this pandemic?.My thoughts are that Hearts may not need to worry about reconstruction or relegation.

The chances of clubs having fans in their stadiums this year is not looking very good,even behind closed doors the government are concerned that fans would gather together to watch them on TV.

I would imagine that big English clubs will survive with behind closed doors football due to their TV deal and sponsorship,i am not so sure about Scottish clubs though as we are very dependant on gate money and a good few of our clubs give over large chunks of their stadiums to the Old Firm.

If i was to look on the bright side what may happen in the future is stadiums open up to home supporters with a season ticket only that have had the virus already,are in the younger age group and are not in a high risk category like myself and Terence.They would be spread over all parts of the stadium.

We really need a vaccine or a miracle cure drug long before the time they are projecting or i can see a good few clubs in Scotland,England and abroad going to the wall.My main concern of course is Dundee United but i hope the Dees and many others survive as well.
    I think all will survive at least in some capacity......most at risk are the larger provincial clubs though.

But when your club is in bother you never feel closer or feel more emotionally attached and go the extra mile. Maybe wishful thinking but I think all the club's survived WW2.

The main problem I see is the gap between the furlough scheme ending and football with paying customers starting.

On the bright side once things get back to normal I think football could play a huge part in lifting everyone's gloom, even a 3 nil pumping fae somebody wouldnae feel to bad if you were getting to see it.

My main concern is half the season being played with very little income coming in.As ros mentions above the furlough will end so how will clubs be able to pay its footballers?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    My main concern is half the season being played with very little income coming in.As ros mentions above the furlough will end so how will clubs be able to pay its footballers?.
    You're absolutely correct mate. I work in the golf industry and we're the same. Some greenkeepers are still working at the moment, and we assume as an industry, we'll be some of the first to be allowed back to work permanently, but that's only going to work if golf is allowed to be played at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    You're absolutely correct mate. I work in the golf industry and we're the same. Some greenkeepers are still working at the moment, and we assume as an industry, we'll be some of the first to be allowed back to work permanently, but that's only going to work if golf is allowed to be played at the same time.
    perfect plan to rid the world of bad trousers and tank tops

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    perfect plan to rid the world of bad trousers and tank tops
    And sh*te banter!!....... "are you filling that one in?"....... Fif**** times a day when you're rebuilding a bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    And sh*te banter!!....... "are you filling that one in?"....... Fif**** times a day when you're rebuilding a bunker.
    hadnae thought of that arab class and sorry for the trauma you receive at work

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I think all will survive at least in some capacity..... Maybe wishful thinking but I think all the club's survived WW2.
    I think you will find - no they didn't.

St Bernards which had won Scottish silverware didn't return and not sure when Kings Park went bust.

I would have to check if others disappeared at that time. Armadale etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I think you will find - no they didn't.

St Bernards which had won Scottish silverware didn't return and not sure when Kings Park went bust.
    It was the weight of the keg around its neck that brought it to its knees i'm told

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    hadnae thought of that arab class and sorry for the trauma you receive at work
    Are you one of 'them'? 😂😂😂

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)