+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Us v Covid-19

The doctors - Putting their bodies on the line - 10
    The nurses - Putting their bodies on the line - 10
    The ambulance drivers - Putting their bodies on the line - 10
    The shop workers - Putting their bodies on the line - 10
    That one truck driver who has been driving all over Europe for the past 7 weeks delivering goods where they are needed and thereby isolating himself from his family -10

I will have missed people/groups out but not intentionally. I have said it before and I'll say it again, the above are generally low paid and have proven to be be way more important than any actor, singer, footballer........ they should all get a huge payrise as well as the recognition of the huge part they play in our society.

And there goes the light hearted tone of this thread

... reality rears its ugly head.

All fair points from the Dutchman...far too positive though!

Have to admit to being confused about a few things...so to move into more serious waters...why do we have to be reliant on places such as Turkey and China for PPE when we have an established clothing/textile industry where machines and employees are presumably lying idle?
    These are hardly the most complex ‘designer’ type garments and in the brave new post Referendum/Election world I thought we were all about how the UK is going to stand apart and lead the World.

Also, how come there’s an alleged shortage of face masks when the internet offered me at least 100 yesterday?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-04-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    All fair points from the Dutchman though.

Have to admit to being confused about a few things...so to move into more serious waters...why do we have to be reliant on places such as Turkey and China for PPE when we have an established clothing/textile industry where machines and employees are presumably lying idle?
    These are hardly the most complex ‘designer’ type garments and in the brave new post Referendum/Election world I thought we were all about how the UK is going to stand apart and lead the World.

Also, how come there’s an alleged shortage of face masks when the internet offered me at least 100 yesterday?
    I couldn't agree more, yet the simple answer is money and politics.

Textiles crashed, when you can get a t-shirt made in China and India for the labour cost of a handful of rice.
    Add in the EU paying for firms to relocate to the old eastern bloc countries, where wages are the equivalent of a bag of crisps and you have your answer.

You want British good, brilliant. Pay a little more and be patriotic.
    Trump may be an arsehole, but he's being doing just that in America and before Corona, winning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)