+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Us v Covid-19

Us v Covid-19

In the spirit of MA’s match day reports (remember them?) and because all the talk of Coronavirus is on the ‘Johnson in Hospital’ thread, which he no longer is, here’s a light hearted attempt to reconsider our ongoing Coronavirus thoughts.

Raab. Stepped into the breach and dropped a couple of clangers but better than expected. 5
    Johnson. Season hampered by injury and off the pitch distractions. Poor pre-season. 3
    Gove. Another possible alternative captain. Needs to show more self discipline. 5
    Sunak. A bright and encouraging performance from the young debutant. Appears more confident than many. 9
    Williamson. Anonymous and ineffective. 3
    Hancock. Looks out of his depth at this level. Should never have been signed to replace Hunt. 4
    Patel. Hasn’t mastered the basics. Poor attitude. Abject. 1
    Trump. Worst signing I can ever remember. Arrogant, greedy and not a team player. 0
    Starmer. Decent start. Constantly available to support others. 7
    Moore. (Capt Tom). MOTM. Clear example to all, brilliant performance. Shouldn’t allow himself to be distracted by Ball. 10
    ‘Great’ British Public. One or two dodgy moments but a generally encouraging and responsible performance. 7
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-04-2020 at 09:27 AM.

I think Patel should have been sent off for particularly bad error of judgement in an otherwise anonymous performance. Not up to scratch, back to the reserves for a while I fear - needs more time spent on training.

Cummings (Manager): 5. In control of team behind the scenes, but not accessible for after match comments, preferring to let players do the talking for him on the PITCH. Hard to assess.

Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor (Owner) : 7. Quiet performance from behind the scenes owner, occasional motivational speeches and has done well in comparison to owners from USA.

Generally agree, except for Starmer, average start 5, a bit of showboating, whilst limbering up on the sidelines, but with no contribution for the team. 😁

To be fair Starmer is a bit out of his depth having only just joined the squad from the lower leagues. He's only managed 8 minutes as substitute for left winger Corbyn. I think he will do better playing a more central role but too early to judge. Rating: N/A

Sturgeon. fighting for a first team place, but definitely not a team player. Getting found out now as all mouth with no delivery.
    Team loyalists continue to encourage, but the crowd is getting on her back. Lower league beckons. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    To be fair Starmer is a bit out of his depth having only just joined the squad from the lower leagues. He's only managed 8 minutes as substitute for left winger Corbyn. I think he will do better playing a more central role but too early to judge. Rating: N/A
    Lol...fair point. I always like to support the ‘up and coming’.
    Forgot about Cummings...never appears match fit tbh, and I’m glad he’s only ‘on loan’.
    Good effort from Windsor, but I fear she’s past her best and may have been overshadowed by her fellow countryman, Merkel.

The commentary team have put on a fairly poor performance, with many getting on our team's back, even before kickoff in some cases. Whilst the commentators are supposed to be neutral they seem to constantly criticise some of the misplaced passes from our midfield. At times one feels that they are on the side of the plucky Chinese newcomers. 2

For an aspiring top flight club I thought the facilities were a bit spartan.

No paper in the toilets, queues for food were horrendously long and when I finally got to be served a lot of the normal fare had gone. I saw one guy just ahead of me order 15 chicken pies. Also the bars were all shut. Rating: 3

The St John's Ambulance were out in force and on top of their game despite not all having their distinctive green top uniforms. Nice badges though. Rating: 10

The policing was mostly soft touch, but some of their old habits reemerged when some youngsters escaped from the family area and tried to get into the open spaces of the closed south stand. Rating: 8

Great assessment, IMO accurate enough and very lolworthy!

Ah... but Williamson scored a hatrick against Forest 4 years ago, therefore I blindly will rate him as an 8, the engine room of our midfield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)