+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Jim Rodwell appointed at Sunderland

O/T:- Jim Rodwell appointed at Sunderland

Their new CEO

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/...pointed-as-ceo

Sunderland AFC is delighted to announce Jim Rodwell as the club’s new Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect.

Rodwell, who is a former Board Director at the Football Association and the EFL, arrives from S****horpe United after spending five years as CEO at Glanford Park.

Also a former player and Chairman, SAFC has appointed someone with vast experience who has performed almost every key role within a club.

This experience, coupled with his undoubted knowledge, passion and connections, will be a huge asset and made him the natural choice as the club continues to progress.

After being appointed, Rodwell said: “I'm honoured and delighted to be joining a club of the stature and pedigree of Sunderland AFC. From my very first meeting with the Chairman, I was sold on his enthusiasm and passion for the club. I'll be counting down the days until I can get started at the stadium and academy to do all I can to drive this great club forward. I would also like to pay thanks to the Swann family for the last five years and for being so understanding in allowing me to join SAFC.”

Whilst the club remains for sale, there is understandably increased uncertainty within global markets and the economy as a whole due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Board’s priority is to ensure that we are well equipped and in the best possible condition to ensure ongoing and long-term success. The appointment of a CEO is seen as integral to these plans and we are delighted that Jim has joined SAFC.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-04-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Holy sh!t. That blokes continuing career is an enduring mystery. I hope there’s another series of Sunderland till I die.

He formed part of our doomed transfer committee didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Holy sh!t. That blokes continuing career is an enduring mystery. I hope there’s another series of Sunderland till I die.
    Think they are doing a 3rd series mate be good to see him in action.

Give him his due he manages to keep climbing the ladder.