+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dutch footy season over

Dutch footy season over

After consulting with the clubs, the KNVB decided yesterday that the 19/20 season is over. Holland is the only country in Europe that requires permits for professional games. The government said on Tuesday that there would be no football until September 1st at the earliest. That led to yesterday's discussions. Up for discussion were things like European places for next season, rpomotion and relegation. With regard to prom/rel 16 voted to have it, 9 voted not to have it and 9 abstained. The KNVB decided there will be NO promotion/relegation.

The table will remain as is. Ajax are top on goal difference from AZ. They will NOT be crowned Champions. Ajax and AZ will get the 2 Champions League tickets. The 3 EL tickets will go to PSV, Feijenoord and Willem II.

Who is not happy? The two clubs way ahead in the eerste divisie and favourites for promotion for a start. They are 11 and 8 points ahead of the 3d placed side with 9 games to go. Understandable.

Utrecht have been dobbed on the worst. Currently in 6th place, 3 points behind Willem II but with a game in hand a 13 goal superior goal difference. They have also reached the Cup Final..... so they have had 2 doors slammed in their face. There is talk of a legal challenge.

MA I think that is the best outcome . Will it happen in England very much doubt it The game here run by Sky, BT, and betting industry afraid they I'll find away to play

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA I think that is the best outcome . Will it happen in England very much doubt it The game here run by Sky, BT, and betting industry afraid they I'll find away to play
    As said MR, you won't satisfy everyone. I personally would see that ruling as acceptable.
    I agree about the SKY,BT pressure. To finish a season behind closed doors, makes it look like polishing a turd.
    What about the play off final? Wembley, or the nearest astro turf leisure centre pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    As said MR, you won't satisfy everyone. I personally would see that ruling as acceptable.
    I agree about the SKY,BT pressure. To finish a season behind closed doors, makes it look like polishing a turd.
    What about the play off final? Wembley, or the nearest astro turf leisure centre pitch?
    Tricky behind closed doors seems the likely outcome But EFLrule33 states a club can not play in a ground where the paying public are barred from entry .
    To change any EFL rule 85% of member clubs must agree to any rule change
    That could be a problem with the divisions voting ,clubs in relegation and clubs mid table not bothered

So 4 teams voting against would stymie a rule change. I guess much depends on the alternative option that would be proposed if a vote was called. If it was end the season, no promotion or relaxation, those 4 votes against would be easy to find. If it was base promotion and relegation on pro rata of current position in some way, likely to be only Leeds and WBA vote against?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)